B.❤.B 30- Broken Hearts

*Fahmy POV.*

Ilhaam calls me saying that Farheen left with Leila; and about something she was totally right. We have been totally chickens, scared to tell Farheen the truth about our mother.
But those were the worst times I have ever lived and don't like to think about it. Don't know what made her come back after what she did to us.

After seeing how I mentally reacted to that situation I understand he didn't want Farheen to pass through the same thing.

But Farheen is no longer a kid, she has to face it sometime soon.

I arrive at the address Ilhaam sent me and I see the car parked in front of the building. I open the door and peek in to Ilhaam busy in her phone.

She looks at me preoccupied. "What took you so long?"

"There's traffic, you know." I reply shrugging. "Where are they?"

"Up there." She points to the building behind me. I look up and then turn my gaze back to her.

"Which floor?"

"I don't know, but I know someone that can give me that information. Just pray he is in the shop." She says searching in her phone.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"A guy just like you." She says and I frown, how just like me? "get in." she orders, I roll my eyes and do so.

So bossy.

"Hey." She says and then glares at me through the corner of her eye. "I'm good, thanks... I need a favour... Can you check the address of a client that we made a delivery some days ago?... please!... anything you want... you know that is not happening ... I'm sure you don't want your dad to find out what a disgrace of son you are, so go easy ...ok, deal. Give me the address, I want the floor of the building only."

I don't know who she's talking to but I hate that guy already, and for the record I'm nothing like him; at least I have some respect left in me. I don't know what he was proposing in there, but I don't think it's a good thing.

I give a reprehensive look at Ilhaam and she just rolls her eyes away from me. "yes!... Eleventh floor 2113. Ok, jazakallah." She says and hangs up the call.

"Eleventh floor 2113." She say and I just observe her disappointed.

"What? Just go, already." She gestirds and I shake my head before moving out of the car and going in the building.

I ring the bell. "Farheen, where did you go?" Leila says opening that door.

The last time I heard that voice, the words were painful, She is so different now. Wearing black trousers and a tank top to open the door to a stranger, her hair opened. Guess that's who she wanted to be her whole life long.

I don't know if I can keep strong.

She looks at me and her eyes fill with tears as my eyes also fill with tears. I tried to fight them back. She does not deserve them.

"Son!" She exclaims, tears already sliding down her eyes.

"Where's my sister." I say passing by her searching in the apartment. "Farh." I call and then turn my gaze to her.

"She's not here." She says and I chuckle.

"Don't play games with me, I don't want you poisoning my sister." I say and step away as she approaches me.

"Why would I poison her, she's my child." She says and I just chuckle shaking my head

"Please don't touch me." I say as she tries to cup my face in her hands.

"Fahmy, son please forgive me. All this years I have been heartbroken for not having both you and Farheen by my side. I will always be your mother and love you." She says under sobs. I was not so naive to believe in that, I well remember her last words to me before deserting us.

"You left because you never carried. And I remember your words very well, it took me a long time to get over it. But what doesn't kill, makes you stronger."

"I want to repair that mistake and have you and your sister back. You are my family." She says.

"Too late for that." I say and walk in circles, I can't stand her. "She better not be here for real." I say and leave the apartment before she could say another word.
No matter how much I prepared myself this moment could never be easy. I lean back on the elevator trying not to cry, I'm a man and men don't cry.

I arriving on the outside of the building I lean on the car and pass a hand through my hair. My heartbroken, I could be disappointed with her but I can never hate my own mother even though she hated me.

"Where's she?" I hear Ilhaam ask preoccupied.

My throat was in pain for trying to contain the tears that I could barely talk. I get into the car.

"Fahmy, are you okay?" She asks preoccupied and jogs to the other side and gets into the car as I start the car. "Fahmy, where's Ilhaam?" She asks and I had no strength to tell her anything as my head was only processing the past.

I feel a tear slide down my face, but I still stare blankly ahead on the road as I drive. She finally stops asking questions.
I didn't need them. I don't even know why she's here. I'm no good, she knows that and still she cares.

Comment, Vote and Share...

Some chapter away from the end... :-)

XoX