B.❤.B 36- Lies Destroy Ties.

*Ilhaam POV. *

"She said no." I hear Fahmy say behind me, I turn to him frowning confused. "is everything alright?" He asks giving a deadly look at little Abdul.

"Who's he?" Abdul asks.

"No body." I say right away. I want no trouble. "Fahmy, what are you still doing here?"

"I saw this guy approaching you and thought you might be in trouble." He sounds worried.

Protective much!

"Don't worry, he's just the pain on my rear of my boss's son." I say trying to sound cool, but his growing beard plus his overprotection equals Hot.

"Ouch, I heard that." Abdul complains.

"Tell me he's the guy that gave you the address the other yesterday and I will punch him right now." He whispers to me.

"No violence. I can deal with this. Your super hero skills are dismissed today." I give him a defy look.

"It's him, isn't it?" He challenges me.

"Fahmy, please go." I demand, he tried to protest and I put up a deadly serious expression on my face.

"Okay." He says stepping back. "But I will be watching you." He threatens and Abdul just rolls his eyes.

I march behind Fahmy to his car. "Stop acting like you are my brother or my husband or something." I demand arms crossed.

"You should thank me." He says smirking at me.

"No. Because if someone has to kick his butt, it's me. Go look for your sister, Fahmy." I say, and groan as I march away.

"Guess I will have to step up my game if I want to take you on a date. He has got an awesome ride there." He says and I frown looking at him disgusted

"With that you are not getting a date with me and my brothers, me and my family or me and my whole neighbourhood. Even so, I'm fired anyways; don't have to look at your stupid face anymore." I say before passing by him and going into the shop.

The conversation with Mr. Abdul was rather what I thought it would be, I lost my job. Trust, once broken is hardly recovered if never recovered. He was right, my lie involved more than just a school fee.

It involved my parents and their reputation, I guess I never thought from that slope. This is a life lesson for me, now I know that I have to measure the consequences of my actions; and lies destroy ties.

Well, told me he would write a good recommendation letter. I told you this man does not deserve the son he has, guess that's Allah's test to poor Mr. Abdul. Children are also a test.

I decided to go to school after all, bury my face in law books and try to make some assignments that are ultra late, and also to keep myself from going on a shopping therapy. Maybe I should take my time to study more now that I have plenty of time in my hands, I don't want to lose my partial scholarship too.

When I glare at the watch it's going late, mummy doesn't like me home after maghrib. So, I rush to the bus stop; don't want to give anymore reason of complaint.

When I step on my side walk I glare at my watch and smile as I'm just in time. "Ilhaam." I hear someone calling, I turn back to see Leila or Hadia or god knows who she really is. "Where is my daughter?" She demands.

"You are her mother. You should know." I say dryly and turn to go.

"I know she's with you, there's nowhere else she could go." She says and I turn back to meet her gaze again.

"Ummm." I make a thoughtful expression. "She has another friend called Leila, she might be there. Because last I spoke to her she took me as incomprehensive and walked out on me saying that she was going to talk to someone that better understands her. So, please don't bother me. My parents don't like me arriving home late." I say and jog inside.

"Assalam Alleikum." I say closing the door behind me.

"Walleikun Salaam." Mum say giving me a dreadful look. Oh, oh, what's up now? I swear I have been good the whole day. I didn't lie, I mean only to Fahmy for a noble cause. I wore an abaya to go out. I prayed, asked for forgiveness and even recited Ya-seen. I studied a lot, like I haven't done in ages. I actually ate something healthy today, no sugar and fat oily stuff. I didn't cuss and I'm home early.

What else do you want from me?

"Is everything ok?" I ask trying to manage a smile, epic failure.

"Yes, at least now we know why you didn't go to school." Mum says cocking her head to one side.

"I went to school. I decided last minute to go and went to school." I say defensively.

"Who is the boy that picked you up then?" Dad asks and my heart almost jumps out of my chest. This is what I have been trying to avoid all time long, refusing his lifts. I'm so getting home prison as a sentence.

"Who told you that?" I wonder, mentally face palming myself.

"The last person that should see you getting into that car. She said to be a fancy car by the way. Your future in laws." Mum says and I can feel my face melting right there. Future in laws? She must be kidding. "We were trying to guarantee your future with a good husband, how are we going to face them now? Do you imagine how I felt when she told me that? And she just said so because she is my close friend, if she wasn't they would just decline the proposal with no explanation." Mum asks and once again I got nothing. Nothing to say at all, I knew this day wasn't over and it's still not over.

Today is just a to-be-continued of yesterday, now my mum is crying. This pregnancy has got her hormones up there. "Where did I go wrong?" She says under her sobs as dad tries to contain her. I was static in place, my limbs are not responding to my brain. This situation got me malfunctioning. "I raised you with all possible values to be an example of a Muslimah. Now you lie and date and god knows what else you have been doing behind our backs."

"I don't date, wallahi. I don't." I try this time as she's breaking down in front of me.

"Then, who's the boy?" dad asks and I stutter, no words coming out.

"He's my brother." Farheen says. What is she doing here? *facepalm* She was supposed to stay in the room, she's so being sent home. I'm so grounded! "He was probably looking for me." She says and I hide my face in my right hand palm.

"Farheen?" Mum exclaims. "When did you arrive?" Mum wonders. I try to gesture for her to not tell anything, to not put me in more trouble. But she seemed to be too busy saving me. I probably should have told her that I'm in deep sh*t too.

"Yesterday night." She says and Mum turns smirking at me arms crossed. Oh, no I'm screwed. "I asked Ilu to tell no one because I'm hiding from my siblings. And I'm sure you wouldn't let me stay without their approval." I press my lips trying to contain the rage to kill and bang my head against a concrete wall. My best friend just came to sign my sentence, cute.

Dedicating to @shimblum for being an awesome cheerleader... Unfortunately I lost that fifa game... *sigh*

Comment vote and share!

XoX