B.❤.B 29- The Replacement

Enjoy!

*Farheen POV.*

"Mother." I utter, looking in her eyes hazelnut. That smile made it all scary, and the voice.

"What did you say Farheen?" She asks.

"My mum used to sing that song to me." I say and lean on the door sideways and look away as the thought that crosses my mind scares me giving me goose bumps.

"Are you fine?" She asks trying to reach for my arm in a stroke and I move away, squeezing myself on the door to avoid her touch. She couldn't be my mother, my mother is dead.

I'm only having a loneliness crises; my mum was a muslim after all.

We arrive at her apartment and I could no longer feel comfortable. "Do you want any refreshment?" She asks and I just shake my head.

"No, I'm good. If you don't mind, I just need a spot to pray." I say and she offers me to pray in her room.

I prayed for my mum, for Allah to consent her Jannah. And that someday my dad can join her in Jannah; prayed for the wellness of my family, my friend Ilhaam and her family and for all the muslims around the world. Those kids that live in the streets and have no one to lead them into Deen.

In reality I was scared that all that resemblance between Leila and my mum was too much, and that actually I was trying to replace my mum with Leila.

I walk out into the living room and she wasn't there, look for her and find her in the kitchen. She turns her gaze to me, "I'm making some lunch for us." She says and I try a smile.

"Thank you, but I want to go home. I have a headache." I try.

"Please, stay for lunch, I'm doing something very easy. A chicken Salad and some legumes. Will be out in a minute." She says in a smile coming to me and leading me to sit in a high chair positioned near the counter.

I watch her as she sets everything for lunch in the table and we sit to eat. I limit myself in watching her, how much more she looked like mum.

I couldn't remember much, but as I watch her all the images comes in the picture, only now with Leila's face in it.

For a while I wonder why we don't have many pictures of mum. The only one we have, she took when she was about my age.

"You haven't touched your food." Leila says observing me.

"I'm..." I say looking at the plate and try a smile on my lips. "My stomach is kind of... of upset."

"I have some Maalox here." She says standing up to go get them. The moment she leaves the dining room I stand up and rush out of the apartment.

I call both elevators and one of them opens right away. I get in and lean on the wall giving a deep breath. "I blame my dad for replacing my mum and I'm practically doing the same." I whisper to myself and try to catch a breath.

The moment I reach downstairs I remember that I left everything up there, I needed at least money to get a Taxi back home.

I call the elevator back and go back up to her apartment.

The door is half opened and she is talking to someone, better say arguing.

"Please don't touch me." I hear a familiar voice say, it's Fahmy. What is he doing here? I move to see them face to face talking, I recognise Fahmy's silhouette even though he has his back turned to the door way.

"Fahmy, son please forgive me. All this years I have been heartbroken for not having both you and Farheen by my side. I will always be your mother and love you." She says under sobs. No, no, no. They must be kidding or I must be having a bad dream.

Comment, vote and share... and don't be ghost readers!

See you soon!

XoX