19

Being King wasnt being childish but Donghyuck had to be mature. Politics and the betterment of the Kingdom fell upon the boys shoulders. He got little time to see his knight and more time to spend with ministry meetings and such.

"Your majesty." They would bow in respect as he passed by. It was starting to get annoying.

"Smile Haechan." Taeyong whispered but Donghyuck sighed as the carriage rolled by.

"I want my Mark Lee." The King huffed and puffed.

"Look beside you." The mother chuckled looking at the knight riding beside in his full armor.

"Mark!" Donghyuck screamed bouncing up.

"Your majesty careful!" Mark had to catch the beauty by the waist before he could fall off.

"Why wont you see me as often as you do before?" Donghyuck pouted at the knight.

"You are the King now. I have to stand my limits." Whispered Mark.

"Fucking limits when you've already touched me around and kissed me breathless. Dont you love me at all? Hmm?" The King sat on the horse facing his knight.

"Stop being a cutiepie. We are on a parade." Mark chuckle. The crowd screamed when their king kissed the knights helmet.

"I love you." The king smiled up at the handsome mad who secretly blushed.

The parade was done completely by Donghyuck riding with Mark, everyone knew that they loved each other, So even if anyone found Mark slamming the king on a wall no one disturbed them. Donghyuck bit his lips leaning on the wall.

"You look beautiful." Mark kissed the youngers cheek.

"Why thank you Markie." The king wrapped his arms around the boys neck.

"You have to be at the meeting tomorrow so go home." Mark smooched King on the lips as they seperated their ways.

Donghyuck swirled around quite giddy with having a moment longer than before with the love of his life. The idiot tripped on his legs as his crown fell off and rolled away making him run after it like lunatic. The ancestral crown tinged down a flock of stairs as the young king went down with a gulp.

"Woah this certainly isnt a place Ive seen before." Donghyuck pouted looking around the stack of dusty books and melting candles.

The king found his crown and wore it like a bangle, his stubby arms flipping through random pages, which on certain book caught his attention. With the pages of the book battered and destroyed. The images giving him weird thoughts, a picture of a knight aiming his sword at the Kings heart. Donghyucks breath hitched as he checked the books name. 'Prophercies' It had in gold letters of ancient royal alphabet.

"S-So Mark would k-kill me?" Donghyuck flipped through pages but it was torn and the last had a picture of the king on a big rock table ready for a sacrifice. What was this all about? Donghyuck looked for the Royal agenda, trying to find his name on the list of children. 

Indeed it was there but a name had previously been scratched off and his name had been messily jotted down. Donghyuck gulped was it all a trap? Was Mark really in love with him or did he pretend he was? Well he never told he loved him anyways perhaps only the first time when they became a couple.

"Your majesty? What brings you here?" Marks voice startled the younger from his daze.

"W-What brings you here? A knight should not loiter on the palace personal grounds?" The king snapped at the boy his eyes bulging at the sign on the knights sword. The symbol on the book and it were way too similar.

"Oh forgive me for tresspassing royal grounds. Your majesty. I mean the King." Mark bowed walking away from the boy he loved.

"Mark no! Im sorry I didnt mean it that way. Mark please dont leave. I was upset with these papers. It says that you will prolly sacrifice me for....." Donghyuck took a step back with a gasp when Mark turned around.

"So?" Mark lifted an eyebrow.

"Was that the reason you wanted me to become king? S-So you can become king or so that Taeil would obviously kill me. Mark do you even really love me? What are all these?" Donghyuck pleaded at the knight who seemed to have lost his temper.

"I doubt it that you really love me? You believe some stupud old shit on that book and you believe it? But not the man you love? Surprising that you still want me to stand here listening to your bullshit!" Mark shouted at the younger boy.

"Mark.......Just tell me one thing. Do you love me please?" Donghyuck fell on his knees, "The book shows so many pictures and its your face on the king. Why? Tell me all those are a lie." The King whispered softly.

"Forgive me your highness." Mark bowed walking away with all the torn pages crushed in his right arm. "I'm sorry." He ran off out of the underground entrance.

There had been no attack recently and peace seemed to prevail but not in the Kings heart. He felt like he was going to die of a broken heart and he didnt even know why. Did prophercies really happen? Was Mark going to kill him?

"Mark why are you here?" Jeno stopped on his tracks when he saw Mark sitting on a branch at the far end of the lightbugs tree.

"Clearing my thoughts." Mark sighed throwing pepples at the waters.

"Is it the king? Want me to call Jamin to talk about it? He's down at the show with Junnie." Jeno smiled but he frown when noticed Marks upset face.

"No nevermind. Jeno I'm afraid he would find out the truth, It would shatter Hyuckies heart. He thinks I put him on the throne so I would kill him to become king. You know the concequences that would happen if he gets to know everything we tried so hard to hide." The knight let his tears roll down his pale cheeks.

"Indeed. That would mean war." Jeno gasped.