24

Spring faded into autumn as the flames of Taeil's cremation dissolved into the seas, Renjun would put to peace in the burial grounds, Jeno and Jaemin were too broken to even react to any cermonial. Mark distanced himself from the people he knew, Chenle had to be with injured Jeno and Lucas with Jungwoo. Everything had changed after the war, though the palace came to life some souls remained at rested. Amidst the ivory satins sheets lay the King in awful silence not dead yet not awake either.

"Mark?" Chenle patted the red heads shoulder gaining his attention.

"I dont want food. Leave please." Said Mark drowning in saddness in his chambers. He didnt want to return to the agony of his silent husband.

Peace certainly was a gift, alas the kingdom wasnt happy, the people moved on with life, but the Knighy was held back. Donghyuck had been excavated from his tomb since Chenle had seen a weird flower bloom upon his grave. Every moon child had flowers grow on their dead yet Donghyuck had a golden flower of life bloom over him. Kun ordered him to be taken away. Mark never once saw his lover, ever since he placed the sick boy on the bed to be treated. Ge had lost something to severer that he needed time to regain his normal state.

"F-Father?" Donghyuck whispered softly fluttering his eyes open to see his father shuffling around him.

"Omg! Baby you woke up!?" Jaehyun sat beside his son with a bright smile.

"W-Where's Junnie?" The younger mumbled softly since it was Junnie who was always incharge of taking care of him.

"Sweety I'm sorry he didnt make it to today. He was buried last week." Jaehyun kissed the boys forehead and left to bring Kun.

Kun came into the chambers with a warm smile, Donghyucks eyes were red with crying. The shaman smiled as he checked the boys pulse then nodded. The beautiful kings thick lips quivered.

"He's in a better place at least." Kun ruffled the youngers luscious hair.

"W-Wheres Mark?" Donghyuck sniffled when he was sit up slowly.

"No one knows. He's either in the training crowds or locked up in his chambers. Its been a month since he visited the palace." Kun mumbled smiling at the boy.

"Why? Doesnt he love me anymore?" The king sniffled but no answer was given until Kun took a deep breath and sighed.

"You were buried in the royal burial ground alongside Renjun, A day later Chenle saw a golden flower over your grave so you were taken out. My powers saw a part of Mark in you, he had given you a part of himself so you would come back to life. He needs to rest to regain his strength Haechan. Hate him not." Saying so the shaman left the boy to ponder over what he was just told.

Once the king regained his physical healthhe called for a public meeting, Everyone were present on the throne chambers, everyone stared at their king that brough forth peace and harmony to their lands. Donghyucks eyes waited for that one red haired boy to enter and he did looking drained out and empty.

"I missed you." Whispered Mark bringing their lips together not minding the people who looked on.

It was time for Donghyuck to have a queen, the minister and personal adviser had informed their king, It was ridiculous for the king to marry again. He licked his lips after he was kissed, Why did Mark sacrifice so much for him?

"I love you Mark." Donghyuck whispered softly and Mark smiled back.

"I love you too Donghyuck." Mark bobbed their noses against each other.

"Mark why did you do it?" Donghyucks lips trembled as the red head smiled tiredly.

"I didnt know I gave you a part of myself. I was born to a son and moon and my powers were half gold and silver, I had unconciously given you my sun for when you died in my arms it shattered my heart. I never imagined that my powers would bring you to life.....It did. When Taeil was cremated on the falls I made a bargain with his life.......And the price I had to pay was give up the moon in me. I did even though I would be barrened of magic. This was all I could give in exchange of my powers." Mark whispered as everyone gasped when Taeyong and Renjun walked through the isle in the clothes that they left them.

"Mother!? Junnie!?" Donghyuck screamed running towards them as Jaehyun, Jaemin and Jeno ran followed. They were very much alive and warm.

Taeyong and Renjun hugged the people that surround them. Mark smiled at the happiness that he had brought upon his people. Though weak and empty he felt happy that he had love more stronger than any magic he could ever possess. Donghyuck hugged him tight, kissing him all over the face as he tookhis seat as King and everyone fell silent.

"I King Haechan of NeonYong will step down as King, Today as you witness my husband Mark Lee take over the crown and kingdom I would be his Queen. He was and will be the rightful king of NeonYong." Donghyuck announced as he placed his crown on Marks and hugged his neck smashing their lips together. The people cheered and threw flowers on their new king as Mark was made to help Donghyuck wear Taeyongs crown.

"Why?" Mumbled Mark once they face their people.

"No one could ever sacrifice as you have done for me and your friends. This and my love us all I have to give you. But why did you give your powers away?" The brunette placed his head on the red heads shoulder.

"I love you Donghyuck. Having powers often weight your shoulders down baby. As long as I have you and our family and friends thats all I seek for a happy life. " Said Mark as he faced his kingdom together with his Queen.