22

With all due respect, every knight, stood in line with bows facing the sky, arrows pointing at the boat that carried the body of Taeyong. The Wife of the Son of the Sun, Queen and mother of NeonYong, Mark and Haechan. Soon after the moaning was done, Donghyuck , The King, shooting the first arrow he ignited the funeral, the others following suit as the decorated boat drifted into the deepest of seas. Everyone began leaving one after the other, yet someone stayed, staring into the forming darkness, the son that was deprived of his mothers love sat there, his heart heavy with regret that he didn't reach sooner. The flames became one with the wind as roses that were offered for the dead flew around. Mark could feel the anger bubble up within him, the need to severe the moon kings head off his body was growing larger.

"There wont be any difference between you and Taeil, A wise man does not react with rash decisions, He thinks, calms his soul and then fight. Like the Oceans always calmer before a tsunami. " Donghyuck held the knights cold arm tightly. He was dressed in his kingly robes, his crown sitting proud on his golden brown hair.

"You sound really like a King now." Mark chuckled standing up to leave on his own.

"I am the King, But I am now your wife as well, I fear for my husbands life, I lost my mother, I don't want to loose you and father by your stupid decisions." The king walked next to Mark standing before him.

"How can you be so calm? He fucking killed my mother!" Mark held Donghyuck's waist tightly the boy gasped forward and whimpered.

"He killed him for the selfishness in his heart, Queen Doyoung ran away and he believes mother hid him under his wing. Mark come to your senses, If we have Doyoung we can trap Taeil easily. I love your mother dearly as much as you do. He was certainly everything, But If I fall weak, then my Kingdom would follow, father has isolated himself, No one seems to have the light in their hearts, I married the man I love over a graveyard of my people, before my dying mother, our wedding night turned out to be our mothers funeral. Think Mark, Taeil has to pay everything, and I wont let you go slice his head off. I want him to suffer I want my revenge." Saying so Donghyuck walked away and Mark followed having head hung low.

A lot changed ever since, The Nakamoto children had been sent to help regain the destroyed palace, there was no place for laughter and joy no more. Husband and wife though madly in love had not spend a second together ever since that day, Jaehyun seemed to be a depressed fool calling out for his lover, indeed for Taeil had never allowed them to live in peace, first by poisoning Jaehyun and now wiping out Taeyong's existence. Jeno helped with Marks duties as the other knights helped people regain their homes and dwellings. Jaemin helped with the kitchen and Renjun ran about helping his King, Chenle and his brother were in charge of off boundaries duties to check if the goods and food were coming in properly. NeonYong was chaos for King Haechan had declared war between the Sun's and The Moon's.

"It is okay to tell him you love him Haechan." Renjun gave the King his food, Love had been getting brittle between the King and the knight their friends were afraid that would one day collapse and shatter.

"Take this away Renjun. I dont love him." Donghyuck pushed the plate away as he went out of the palace grounds to look at the training ground where younger children were tained for the war that was nearing.

"How can you not love him? Was the Queen mothers death his fault?" Renjun asked his only best friend.

"No. But........My love would only make him weaker. If I had not kissed him that day he would have found mother and saved him. I ruined everything, His childhood, I'm ruining his kingdom but he still smiles at me, I misunderstood that he would kill me but It is he that was being in Taeils death note all along. I don't want to drag him down with me." Whispered the King and Renjun only hugged him tightly.

Mark was on his way out to get the armors when someone stumbled on him, He squinted his eyes then gasped at the sight of Xiaojun with a baby bump and in practically rags. Donghyuck was coming that way and pulled out his sword but Mark held it giving his wife a glare.

"What brings you here Xiaojun?" Mark carried the panting boy to the shaman Kun, The King growled, he might not be clingy but Mark was his and he would kill anything and anyone that comes between them. The pretty boy was placed on the bed as Kun rushed towards the patient.

"H-Hendery ordered me to come to you, He said if I stayed with him in moon, The king would kill me and our baby. He's blackmailing Hendery to do bad things by keeping me hostage. Mother Doyoung left for the torture the king gave him by using him like a slut, Ahh!!, Hendery would side with you on the battle field." Xiaojun was certainly in terrible labor, Mark squeezed the boys arm and left with Donghyuck.

"He looks like he wont make it through it. Mark I cant bare another death. Why was I born to such a demon?" Donghyuck hugged Marks waist for the first time in months.

"Which is why your mother never wanted you to grow up there. He will be fine, Trust me. Your majesty we plan to fight before dawn, They say its's darkest for dawn." Mark hugged back as he pulled away and bowed at his King.

"On one condition, I ride with you. We fight as one. I cant let him drag you to be sacrificed." The king whispered.

"If I died your life would be meaningless.......But yes, We ride together. Don't you dare get hurt or even a scratch. I would be the most affected if something happens to you." Mark cupped the kings cheeks, lifted it up and kissed him full on the lips, those plump lips disappearing into the thin ones. With that they separated their ways to take charge for the war.