CH. 72 Hurtful Words

(Olivia POV)

"So you came here, to get your feelings hurt?"

"You'll make it easy for me since I've always been good at hurting you."

Those words had hit me more than I thought they would have.

"I don't know what you came here hoping to find." She said.

"Answers probably, Answers that you could have answered yourself." She said.

I didn't say anything, I looked at her face. I really looked at her to see if there was anything there.

Anything that could help me see that maybe, something deep inside would show something different.

Only to see there was nothing there, she was hollow when she stared at me.

"Since you came all the way here, I mind as well tell you things you wouldn't be able to have comprehended when you were younger. I don't care for you. I never did and never will. You ruined my life, your whole existence ruined my life." She said.

The whole room was silent.

"You could have aborted me-" I started to say but she cut me off.

"By the time I came to my senses to abort you, it was too late." She said.

"You could have given me up for adoption," I said, anger was heard in my voice.

"I always wonder why I didn't, it's not like you did me any good. Ever since I had you, my life was ruined." She started saying but I got angry.

"I didn't get you rape that night, I didn't stop you from pursuing your career. I didn't make those things happen to you. You blamed the wrong person, an innocent child who had done nothing wrong to you. An innocent child who didn't even ask to be born in the first place. You just wanted to torture me," I said.

She looked at me with no expression on her face.

She doesn't care.

She never did and never will.

"Tucker is doing good, we found each other again," I said to her.

"I'll let him know that you're nothing," I said backing away from her.

"I don't get you, I don't understand how you would raise a kid just to torture the kid at the end," I said.

"Some animals like to play around with their prey." She said.

My heart dropped.

The words kept repeating themselves in my head.

"Jake, I'm done here," I said, not looking back at Jake but still looking at the woman who gave birth to me.

She wasn't a mother to me, never was. She wasn't my mother. She was just a hallow carrier, one that carried a child and helped the child get into this world.

Why bother having the baby at all?

Was it just go get payback?

Was all of this for payback?

Jake took my hand, giving it a squeeze and I turned around to walk away.

I couldn't say that I just lost a mother because the truth was.

I never had one.

"You're leaving Lilly?" She said and I flinch at that.

I kept walking, knowing that everyone's eyes in the room were on me.

I passed by the guards.

Avoiding their shock stares.

Don't look back, don't look back. I kept telling myself but for some reason I did and she was smiling.

It made a shiver ran down my body, she wanted to see me like this.

She wanted to see if she could still affect me and she could.

She got what she wanted.

I continued walking out with Jake, avoiding everyone.

"Just say the word, whatever it is you want to be done. Just say it and it'll happen." He said, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it.

My heart clenched on the tone of his voice.

He wanted to do something, he was angry as well.

"It's okay, we are not going to do anything. I'm fine. She can rot for all I care for, but I'm fine. I'm just curious to who is paying all of this for her." I said

"Let's ask." He said as we got to the front desk.

I thought back and wondered if it could be dad, Dr. Nila wouldn't.

Jake was asking the front desk woman, while I was lost in thoughts wondering if Dr. Nila would or not.

"The Government is, something about running some test." He said with a confused look on his face.

"They can do whatever they want with her," I said.

We left the place and I looked out the window as the car took off.

Today was my first time coming to this place and it's my last.

Jake squeezed my hand.

"You're so strong, you know that?" He asked me.

"So are you," I said squeezing his hand back.

"We are a very strong couple that has gone through many obstacles together and independently. So how about we work on our happiness now?" Jake asked me.

I turned to look at him.

"Yes, let's start," I said.

I gave him a smile.

"Let's make our happiness," I said.

Even though I felt upset earlier, I actually feel relief now.

As if something was lifted.

I may be a woman who had a horrible past, but I definitely won't have a horrible future.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Do you all believe the mother truly meant all she said?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu