Chapter 4 Open your eyes

(JAKE POV)

I found myself walking into the hospital room again. It's my second day here.

Yesterday was the day everything happened. The day that I had hit this beautiful woman with my car and found out she had cancer, from guessing. She hasn't opened her eyes, not even once. Her Doctor says she could be in a short coma.

Why was I even here? I don't even know how to answer that question myself, but something keeps luring me to this woman, and I don't know how to describe it.

I keep thinking this is my fault. If I had just paid more attention and didn't get distracted, she would be okay, but that doesn't change that she purposely walked in front of oncoming traffic.

I stared at the seat that was next to the hospital bed that she was on.

It's the same seat I was sitting on yesterday. I walked towards it and had a seat on it.

"Hey Live, It's me again. I spoke to the doctor about your emergency contacts, and it looks like you have a lot of names listed, but there are no blood relations to any of the names on your emergency contact list." I said. I have been having conversations with her, not sure if she can even hear me or not, but yet. I continued talking to her anyway. I was hoping that she would show any signs of waking up, but there has been none.

The only sound that came from the room was her breathing and the vital monitor that was beeping, which let me know that she was doing okay. Good, that's all that matters right now.

Yes, the good thing about this is that she's alive.

"How come you didn't put your parents? Or aunt, uncle, or any blood-related family members? The hospital staff was able to reach one person from the emergency contact list, someone named Grace? They said that she was on her way." I said to Olivia, going back to what I was talking about a few moments ago.

I let out a sigh; why am I being so curious about this woman's life? When I found out that she didn't have any blood-related people on her emergency contact list, I started to wonder that maybe we might have some things in common, but it's a far stretch of me to think that.

I don't have anything to do with this woman, but yet I can't find myself not being noisy about her and wanting to know things about her.

I heard a knock coming from the hospital room door, causing me to turn around to see who it was.

It was Tyler.

Figures that he would be worried about me, ever since what happened yesterday, he kept checking up on me the whole day, wondering why I was still in the hospital, so I'm not surprised that he decided to drop in this way.

"Hey man, how is she?" He asked as he approached me.

"Well, she's alive, so that's good," I said to him.

Tyler nodded his head and grabbed the other chair in the room to sit next to me.

"Did she show any signs of waking up yet?" He asks, looking at me.

"No, no signs yet, but I'm sure she'll wake up soon," I told my brother, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'll keep visiting her here until she does," I told him; it looked like Tyler was going to say something, but we both stopped talking as soon as we heard the room door open.

A woman was the one who opened the door. She had a darker skin tone than Olivia, long black hair, and light brown eyes; what I noticed about this woman, besides the worried look on her face, was that she was very tall.