the first time she sees your scars

Her hands ran along your side as you stayed curled up to her with your head on her chest.

She reached down and caught your hand with her own. With a smile that melted your heart, she brought your hand up to her lips and gave it a soft kiss.

You felt her other hand slip under your shirt. Usually, you'd pull away by now and push her hand away so she wouldn't what made you so insecure.

But you were too content with Taylor, too focused on her thumb brushing across your hand and her lips touching your temple.

She looked down, just to look at her fingertips tracing shapes across your skin, when her eyes landed on the scars across your sides and stomach.

"Y/n?" You looked where she was looking and you quickly sat up. You pulled your shirt down. Taylor's hand left yours but she was quick to reach for it again.

"You can talk to me, if you wanna." She said softly as she started to rub your back. She wasn't gonna push you into telling her about the scars, but she needed you to know that if you wanted to tell her, she was there to listen.

"It was long ago. Before I met you. Things just... weren't easy and I didn't know where else to turn."

Taylor nodded her head, but had to bite her lip to hold back her tears. It broke her heart to think that you felt you had nothing else, nowhere else to turn, and had no other way of letting out your emotions and pain.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. Do you know how strong you are?" You, for the very first time, smiled as she started to trace your scars.

"To get through that must've been tough. But I'm proud of you. You've come so far and fought so hard. You're so strong, darling, and so so beautiful."

You laid on your back and Taylor hovered over you. She kissed across your scars and told you how beautiful you were after every single kiss to your skin.

And, once again, thanks to Taylor - you didn't feel insecure or ashamed like you always did about your scars. You felt beautiful. And to Taylor, that's exactly what you were, and that was never gonna change.