you fall asleep in the car

You watched in the rearview mirror as Taylor loaded the rest of the bags into the trunk of the car.

You're on your way home from the lovely two-week vacation you went on. You wanted to stay longer. Honestly, you never even wanted to leave. She had rented out the most beautiful cabin for you both. Your days consisted of fun activities like going swimming, and hiking, while your nights consisted of Taylor whipping out her guitar and playing you some songs she's written or some of your favorites, playing games together, or cuddling and just enjoying the peace and quiet around you.

But sadly, work called. Taylor has quite a few things on her schedule, things she couldn't get out of. You knew you had to go, you just didn't want to leave everything behind.

You heard the trunk close before the driver door opened and Taylor climbed into the seat. She started the car and gave you a smile and even though you gave her one back, she could tell you weren't exactly happy.

Her hand came to your cheek and very lightly did she caress it. "Hey, don't be sad. We had a great time!"

"I know. I just enjoyed having you to myself for two weeks straight. Just us with nothing to worry about."

She nodded her head understandingly. "I know, baby girl. But on the bright side, in about a month I will have more time off and we can always go on another vacation."

Your eyes lit up and Taylor's did the same when she saw you cheer up. "I'd love that."

She kissed your lips and put the car in drive. "Get comfy, baby. We got a three hour drive home."

You turned the radio on. You laughed when you realized it was 'look what you made me do' playing and Taylor shook her head with a giggle.

One of Taylor's hands was on the wheel, the other holding yours. You laid your seat back a little and closed your eyes and breathed out a sigh of contentment.

Soon enough you were making your way down the highway. It was quiet, hardly any cars on the road. Taylor let the music be enough to fill the silence in the air for a few minutes as she made sure that she was heading in the right direction.

But you were on a main road sooner than she expected. Still hours from home, but the red light allowed her a moment to focus on you.

"I'm happy you had such a great time, baby girl. I did too. I enjoyed all the time we spent together. I'm gonna cherish it till we can do it again." She said and turned to look at you.

Her smile only grew bigger when she saw that you were resting your head against the seat, sound asleep.

She giggled when your soft breaths turned into tiny little snores. She still thought you were the cutest thing she'd ever laid her eyes on.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you so much, darling. Get some sleep. I'll wake you when we get home." She kissed your head a few times and then continued to drive when the light turned green.

She definitely couldn't wait to do this again soon.