Chapter I

Thea Riel

My body was supposed to die that night but the Alpha and my uncle found me. They immediately took me back to this hellhole pack that I don't want to live in.

"T, Mommy bake your favorite cookies and I brought your novels here." my cousin Althea said with her caring voice.

"Thanks Al, I need my books and cookies. By the way did you get my laptop?" I asked with a flat smile since I couldn't smile from my heart lately.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot them on the way here. But knowing you, heck, I don't want to deal with your wrath." Althea teased that made me laugh a bit.

"Ahm, T, do you still want to stay in the hospital? I mean, you can stay at home and you know homeschool." Althea reasoned with me and I know she was right about it. But the hospital calmed me down a bit.

"Al, you know that our hospital calms me down." I countered that made her sighed since she knew that I'm having tantrums because of my temper.

"I know but when you're with us, it will much better don't you think? And besides, I don't want him to drop by here." Althea still reasoned with me until her disgust looked showed up through her face.

"What do you mean, him dropping by?" I asked because I never realized he was coming here to check on me.

"I smelled him some nights around your room and it disgusted me." Althea groaned that made me chuckled since I love this side of her. Protective sister.

"Oh, then I think home is the best." I finally agreed to her since I don't want him lurking around me.

"Yes! I miss movie night with my T." Althea jumped from her seat then hugged me tight but I can still breathe.

"Yeah whatever." I chuckled at her excitement.

"I'll tell the nurse and pull you out today." Althea said as she ran to the hall that made me shake my head.

That very night they took me to the hospital, I'm already dead and I can see what they were doing to me. They were trying to revive me until I saw something shining around my neck like it was glowing. I went closer to my dead body and I saw the moon faces that turned into a bite mark then into a red and blue infinity ring then faded. I was confused by what I saw then I felt a very sudden shockwave shoot through my entire body.

'Go and sleep back in your body. You'll see the meaning once awake.'

When I heard that another shockwave shot through my body and I screamed on the top of my lungs. I might have survived that night but it took me a year and a half to wake up. Now, I am fully awake but never speak the reason why I died apart from my cousin. That's why she was disgusted by him; my supposedly mate.

As Althea got me out from the hospital, we surprised our family and they were crying from my sudden appearance. Hugs and kisses all over me that made me warm but still something missing inside of me. I ignored that feeling and enjoyed the food with my family. I was having a great time when they came.

"DAD! I TOLD YOU NOT HIM!" Althea shouted that earned her a growl from him.

"I'm your alpha. Show some respect!" He told my cousin but knowing my cousin and having a beta blood in her system, she won't back down without a fight.

"RESPECT YOU SAY?! YOUR NOT AN ALPHA TO ME AFTER WHAT YOU DID!" Althea shouted that made me stand up from my seat and went to the living room.

"What did my son do?" Luna asked that made me shake my head since I want some peaceful dinner not this one.

"Yes, tell us Althea." He challenged while grinning from ear to ear. Such a bully.

"Nothing!" Althea growled lowly but pissed.

"Althea." Auntie, her mother said that made her groaned pissedly.

"He rejected me. So please, Alpha and Luna, I want to have a peaceful dinner and not this one." I dropped the bomb that made Luna go to me and hugged me.

"Sorry child we didn't know." Luna said to me but I got it.

I let them enter the house and talked like very civilized people. At the dinner, they asked me when it happened and I answered them casually. I can tell he was uneased to what I was saying to his parents and before he could rant in such bad manners with his temper, I dropped something on them.

"Well, it's okay since I choose to let him go. I just hope he'll find happiness with someone else even its not me. Plus, I'm turning in my twenties soon and I will leave this pack since I received a letter of invitation from MoonlightBlood pack." I announced it to them and they were shocked aside from Althea. She heard me talk about it but I never got a chance to let her know the details of it.

"The immortal and fallen rogues pack. What do they want from you?" Uncle asked me.

"I don't know but she visited me in my dreams last year. She told me that I will received a letter from her daughter and I must answer. She has something waiting for me when I come to their pack." I answered honestly that made them put in some thought.

"You know it could be dangerous." The Luna said to me with a motherly voice that made me smile.

"It could be but I'm already dead and you can smell it from me. I'm changing into a fallen. I don't want to stay longer if it will ruin your pack, Alpha; Luna." I countered that made them sighed since they knew that I'm saying the truth. Sooner or later I will die again from being rejected by their negative words and I can't deal with it anymore.

"Very well, till you turn twenty. You can leave the pack." Alpha said to me with such a father figure who can understand my situation.

"Thank you very much." I said while smiling but my heart was still aching from my shattered hope.

That welcome dinner came and went like a peaceful air just passing through. I sighed since I really do want to get out of here but I have to be patient about it.

"Almost there. Keep breathing." I chanted to myself since my heart was still aching and I almost couldn't breathe freely.

"Dammit, I never thought I would have anxiety." I whispered to myself as I realized that I do have it. Bottled up feelings that never got a chance to get out and now it was hitting me big time.