Chapter XXVIII

Thea Riel

I felt the tightness around her hug but it was longing and desperation in some kind of way. Yet, even though I felt them, I am still feeling warm.

'Be alert.'

"Elpis? What for?" I asked my other side since I want to enjoy this warmth.

'They're coming.'

"Who?" I asked again since her tone was so damned serious.

'Ashes.'

"Ashes?!" I said surprisingly that made me almost push Nixan away from our hugs.

Nixan looked at me like she already knew what I was saying.

"You knew?" I asked her which made her smiled at me before standing and turning me around then hug me from behind.

Seriously, I didn't understand what she was doing which made my heart really beat so fast.

"Close your eyes, smell everything around you. Feel them like they were you. Find them." Nixan whispered that made me realized what she was doing. She wanted me to know where those ashes are.

I did what she told me and from there, I immediately saw tons of energy flows but there were some dusty white ash flow. It was moving too fast toward the pack, it was like a fog if together but looking deeply from it, there were only 20 heads.

"Xan. their deadly fallen. Ashes. It only has 20 heads but I don't understand how fallen turned into ashes."

"They were 21." Nixan said that made me confused.

"21? How so?" I asked her since I don't get what she's saying.

"Me." She replied before looking far ahead like she knew who these ashes were.

"Did you know them?" I asked them as I noticed the look in her eyes was fear mixed with sadness.

"Yes. I'll explain them to you one day. But for now tell me where they are exactly." Nixan told me which made me nod as I hope she will.

As I tried to locate them my eyes turned into flame as I can clearly see every flow around us including those ashes energy flows.

"They were coming from the four corners of north, south, east, west. But the big head was coming from the south-east of the pack's perimeter." I told her which she immediately vanished next to me.

I was surprised at what she did but I suddenly felt challenged over that action of hers. I immediately pack-link the alpha which made Alicia howled. As it echoed throughout the pack's perimeter, every wolf who heard and those who protected the land answered her. I don't get why I am feeling so uneasy like there was something about to come out until Elpis Wolfox speaks to me.

'As they reached the center open field, let me out. Mate's need that help.'

"I will but can you tell me who those ashes are and why she reacted that way." I told my other side which made her look at the field from where we were standing still.

'They were the ashes of a long forgotten history of mixed breed. They were the ashes of Embernyx.'

"I thought Embernyx were a vampire clan." I said.

'The head family were, but to their kin and to those who worked for them weren't.'

"Why did they turn into ashes?" I asked Elpis while we're both watching the field.

'Its because they were the first one to be hit by a fallen curse. It's poisoning anyone it touches and only one can survive it.'

"Her."