Chapter XIII

Unknown POV

It was really good to be next to her yet, something in me feared that she'll reject me but also there's a part of me saying that she won't do that. I don't get why all of the sudden I am having these doubting thoughts since that night I saved her. Since I shared some of my blood with her, well, she was the only one compatible - I mean, matched mine. Ever since it happened, I can hear her thoughts clearly even though I'm miles away from her. As well see her past memories or feelings even the recent ones. I can see and feel them all at once that sometimes drives me insane to the point I need to take some sleeping pills to calm them down.

Well, it was all new to me since she's my very first mate from my entire existence. But I hope she'll accept me one day for being me. Not an ancient mistake that was still alive.

Thea Riel

'Oy, T. it's time for you to wake up.'

"5 minutes, Wolfox..." I groaned as I kept sleeping but a sudden slap from her soft tails hits my face.

"I'm up, just don't slap me with your fluffy tails." I sighed then I began stretching though it was still on my mind since I couldn't feel my whole body aside from my hands.

I concentrated on feeling my whole body since I really wanted to wake up. I spend a few hours meditating and few more to go, I will be able to be fully awake. I was so focused on my meditation when I was being cut off by an intoxicating but addictive scent of iris flowers that my nostrils love to smell even though I'm a bit confused. The bittersweet chocolate-mint has a taint that I couldn't find the right word to describe it, yet.

"Wake up. Breakfast is ready." a familiar voice from last night greeted me and it was Dr Russ. I thought it was her. But I smelled a chocolate-mint ice cream coming from his back.

"Russ, don't tease her. Just check her vital signs." another familiar voice said as she came in behind Dr Russ. I can tell it was the Alpha - I mean, the previews Alpha.

"I think you know who I am?" Frizabelle asked what made me nod.

"Here, drink this." Dr Russ said as he gave me a glass of water since I really needed one for my dry throat.

Frizabelle watched carefully like she was just waiting for me to finish my water before we could proceed on talking. I was right, when I was done drinking and Dr Russ finished checking me before leaving us alone in the room, she started a conversation.

"How do you feel?" Frizabelle asked me with such a caring voice a mother would have.

"Fine..." I replied while my mind drifted somewhere - well, someone.

"She's on her day off." Frizabelle suddenly said that caught me off guard.

She noticed my confused look written onto my face since she chuckled.

"The other doctor who saved you." Frizabelle cleared that I slightly nod.

"Why are you looking for her?" she asked carefully like she was studying me like a book.

"I don't know...maybe to thank her." I shrugged my shoulder as I responded to her.

"Well, you'll meet in no time but for the mean time, eat and heal up." Frizabelle told me with such a loving smile that made me return the smile.

"Oh, before I leave let me remind you that you'll be staying in my pack. We'll welcome you as you fully recover." Frizabelle said with her serious tone.

"Training?" I asked and took some prepared food for me.

"As you are good to go. We want you to be fully healed since our training won't be like any pack training. It's more than blood and sweat." Frizabelle suddenly chuckled and that made me almost choke on my food.

"Well, eat and heal up. My wife is dying to meet your wolf-fox." Frizabelle said that caught my attention.

"Why? We never met before...how could she?" I asked that Frizabelle looked straight into my eyes before she patted my head.

"She can see some fallen rogues that have the potential of change. You'll understand soon when you two meet." Frizabelle said before she left the room.

I was on my daze because of what she told me and since I was in deep thought, my wolf-fox suddenly hit me mentally by her fluffy tails, again.

"WHAT'S THAT FOR?!" I shouted at my wolf-fox but she just ignored me. So grumpy.

I really don't get why my wolf-fox was acting like this since we came in this pack. She was more secretive and much grumpy than me. But her alertness was still there yet she's saving energy.

"Wolfox, are you okay? Are you fully healed?" I asked her through our minds but she just looked at me before making my body look to the window.

I sighed before trying to stand up and went close to the window with the dextrose still intact on me. When I looked out through the window, I saw not a pack but a village. I was surprised at what I saw. There are some humans mingled with night creatures. When I say night creatures, I mean, seriously, night creatures in human forms. I can't believe that this pack built a village that allowed humans to enter.

'They made this pack for those who needed a place to settle for a change or to start a new life.'

"Why did they think of making that kind of pack?" I asked since I never heard or even saw a pack thought like what the Moonlight Blood pack did.

'Ceres once was a Legendary Lone Rogue who travels a lot and she has been through a lot of changes. Those who saw that, inspired them and followed her till here.'

"Then why were we being summoned here? I don't get it." I asked since I've been wondering why they want us to be here in the first place.

'Well, Ceres was blessed by the Goddess through something...maybe to see what a fallen rogue will change into.'

"So are we in that process of change?" I asked since I want to find some answers about it.

'Maybe. We'll know soon enough. So better to heal quickly.'

"Agreed." I nodded before going back to my bed to relax my body again.

I have to heal and talk to Dr Redbird.