Chapter XXIV

Thea Riel

I knew I was out since I fainted earlier on the field but on my own, I can't hear anything even my wolf-fox. There was only me until some fainted cry that turned into screaming voices. I went to where it was coming and I was surprised to see a castle in the middle of the woods. But the castle was already covered with such poisonous malice that felt nostalgic to me. It was swirling around the whole castle until I heard it again but this time somebody was talking.

'Wake up.'

'What's going on, Mommy?'

The girl around 16 asked her mother who looked much more pale than any vampire in this area. Not to mention that there were some violet and red veins crawling to her skin.

'Hurry and hide in the cellar.'

'Mommy, you're scaring me.'

She hid in the cellar like her mother said so. Her mother looked worried to her child but composed herself like she was trying to control something in her.

'Its for your safety. Don't go out until it's safe.'

'Mommy don't leave me here. Don't go.'

Her mother didn't want to leave her child but what could she do if that poisonous malice was already in her system and she was about to change.

'Don't forget that we always love you, honey.'

'Mommy...'

As her mother closed the door of the cellar slightly, a growling sound sent shivers to the girl.

She turned pale all of the sudden as she watched her mother and her father fight till blood of each other splattered everywhere. They killed each other like they never have any heart to begin with. They were like monsters with no hearts at all. As if she was just watching a horror film and when she felt everything was safe, she slowly got out of the cellar like her mother asked her to.

Blood was everywhere, her whole family turned into each other like they all wanted one thing and that was power. They devoured everyone in their way until one only survived but on every step she made, all the blood from her family began to leave a mark on her body. Just like that, she was marked as the next prey of the monster in the house.

'Ka-the-ri-na...'

'B-brother...'

'R-run..a-way...f-from...m-me...'

The girl did run away from her brother who looked so hideous but before she could run further, a big slashed from her face was being left behind. It marked her. She might be in pain and wanting to die but the memories of everyone in the household kept her safe and strong. She got that strength from her father and knowledge from her mother. Gathering her remaining strength she finished her brother while crying her heart out.

From that pain, from that cry something began to crawl out to her skin deeply down to her veins. It looked like a poison but it wasn't at the same time.

'I...can't...die...here...NEVER!'

One shouted echoed throughout the house then the raging flame began to burst and eat the whole castle. Then the girl, she vanished along those flames like it never happened yet left the whole castle in a ruined state and abandoned.

'THEA WAKE UP!'

"The hell. Grumpy much." I groaned as I suddenly woke up from paw-slap from my wolf-fox.

'I've been waking you up since we got back home.'

"Okay. What was it?" I asked as I got up from sleeping in my room at my mate's house.

Worth of Loving Real [complete-2-be-EDIT]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें