Chapter XVI

Unknown POV

As I slammed and confronted my colleague, I noticed the girl standing up next to him looked like my mate but not exactly the same. She was growling which made me conclude that they were mates and from there, I can sense that she's my mate's cousin. But I turned my focus on my colleague.

"THEN TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN THERE, RUSS!" I snapped at him, almost making me shift into the form that I don't want anyone to know apart from Ceres.

"Okay I'll tell you just calm down, Nixan. Your mate might hear you." Russ sighed as he met my eyes.

"Nixan, I'm just doing her examination and like on schedule, I was running the CT scan but nothing. The CT scan can't read what type of fallen she was like. So, I retest her." He explained.

"You're stupid! Re-testing a fallen rogue with anxiety will cause this kind of damage."I groaned as I smacked the back of his head.

"But the good part of it, it's not on the half of what she can do." I continued as I heard his mate growled at me but I didn't care. I still have a high temper.

"If something happened to Riel... I swear Russ, no one can see what darkness I could bring." I hissed with such venom in my voice as I control not to snap his neck in front of his mate.

"Thea? You're Thea's mate?" his mate, Althea suddenly butted in that caught my attention.

Oh fucking shit, I forgot that she's with us! Just kill me now.

I turned my heels away from them before Russ confirmed it to his mate. I don't want to hear another thing from Althea and go to my office.

"Oh Goddess, why did you put me in this situation?" I whispered to myself before glancing up to the moonless night sky.

Thea Riel

After the incident, the couple, Frizabelle and Ceres didn't let me stay at the hospital anymore instead they brought to a very huge lot. I think they thought it would be safer that I'll be staying in an open field or let's just say not much property to destroy.

"Shift." Ceres said then Frizabelle immediately shifted into her half form. She has the tail, the sharp claws and the ear of the wolf.

They were looking at me and let my wolf-fox take over to shift since she really wanted to run with these two. I shifted to my other side and then we went off for a run. It was totally wild but it wasn't like what I did to the woods. It was more intense since I'm running and fighting against Frizabelle. She was an Alpha but I won't let her just beat me without having a fight. I run and fight her like I trained myself to. I was too focused on fighting her that almost made me lose my ground since Ceres suddenly did some sneak attacks on me. These two were indeed cunning but very well sync whenever they attacked. If one attacked the other did defense and counter as well. It's like fighting or having this kind of intense training with them but I'm getting tired and I'm fainting - I guess.

"Let her rest." a very familiar voice said as she glided smoothly in front of me.

"We're just having fun." Ceres whined that made me giggle weakly.

"Frizabelle, remind me again why you married her?" Althea asked Frizabelle as she tried to help me stand up.

"Honestly, I can't remember." Frizabelle laughed that made Ceres pout like a kid.

"And you. You just got out without my permission and you shifted without letting me know? Seriously, if something happen again to you...fuck. I'm gonna kill everyone in sight." the familiar voice said that sent shivers down to my spine.