Chapter X

Thea Riel

I tried my best to get rid of my foul mood until I saw the same pumping red veins engraved on the door. It was radiating in such a beat of a heart and it felt like it was calling me. I smirked since I knew who was waiting behind it and I was excited to see Xan but seriously, I should have known not to get your hopes too high because it'll just hurt if things not gone on the expectation you seek. When I opened the door and entered, the Xan I hope to see wasn't there. No one inside except me. I tried to call and search for her in this darkness realm called dream but nothing. I kept going with the hope to talk to her even though I knew there's nobody there. I only hope someone will but like I told myself, never hope for too much since it's making my heart sink to a place I don't want to dwell anymore. But what could I do if this was the only thing I know - hope.

I sighed in tiredness and wanted to sleep for good. That's why in this dark dream, I lay down and let these darkness swirling around my heart consume me even more. But it didn't happen. Something familiar and soothing suddenly touched my face and caressed my cheeks.

"Why I know that touch?" I asked myself while my eyes were still close since I don't want to be awake - I mean, really awake anymore.

But a voice caught my attention.

"Are you sure, you heard her heartbeat drop?" A familiar calm voice asked someone maybe standing next to her.

"Yes, doctor." A worried voice a girl answered that made her sighed.

"I see...thank you for informing, Eunice." This doctor said to the girl next to her that it made me quite a bit curious who they are.

The doctor's voice sounded familiar and her touch really making me feel safe and secure for some odd reason. On the other hand, the girl named Eunice made me feel surrounded with flowers. I sighed since I wanted to see them and when I did open my eyes to see them, I saw same lady when I did some astral projection while the other, this girl - I don't know. She's vague yet the feeling of being surrounded with flowers was still there.

"No problem. I'm just here to deliver some ordered flowers." Eunice said to the doctor who I still didn't get the name.

"From whom and to whom?" the doctor asked with a tiny bit of protectiveness behind her tone - though, I am not sure if there was.

"Protective aye? Well, it's from Frizabelle. She hopes that it will help your patient recover. Plus, Ceres also asked me to send this message that:

'At one night of sight, made one move to help.

With one caring hold, a shared blood was made.

The bond of memories will cause rain.

Runaway from what has been bound will never be the answer.' well, its puzzling but its for you." Eunice answered that it made the doctor look serious. Her eyes shifted into something gold but at the same time it was amber.

"Doctor? Dr Redbird." Eunice called her and finally I knew what to call my doctor - well, not literally mine but she's the one who checking me up since I came here. I guessed.

"Sorry about that." Dr Redbird replied as her eyes went back on being black ones.

"I think Ceres want you to be prepared about the bond of memories." Eunice said as she checked the flowers on the vase on my side table.

"Well that's not what bothers me..." Dr Redbird said before she looked at me - well, my unconscious body.

"Then don't run away from it." Eunice said like she noticed what the doctor was trying to say.

"But I don't know if I could face it." Dr Redbird sighed before she lean her back on the wall yet still looking at me - the unconscious me.

"Well, if its 'mate' on the line then you should." Eunice said with knowing tone while smiling like she's been there.

"But what's the 'mate' thing?" I asked myself since the only thing I know about mate - well, mating or sex thingy.

"Since when did you learn to think that way?" Dr Redbird asked as she chuckled to the knowledge of Eunice.

I was listening to their random conversation that really sent my thoughts overdrive - well, I mean that I couldn't keep up with it. I sighed and relaxed myself as I used their laughters as a music to my ears. Speaking of music, I miss listening to music.

"Oh, I miss Nix...she often gave me a song to search and to listen to." I whispered to myself and I didn't realize that there was silence around the room.

I went back to check on them but there was no one there anymore until I heard someone cough.

"Mating, huh?" Dr Redbird teased that made my eyes widen since she heard that thought from earlier.

"You heard it..." I mumbled shyly, which made her chuckle then she put the book she's holding down to my side table where the flowers are.

"What else did you hear?" I asked as I tried to look for a counter to her teasing tone.

"Hmm, nothing much unless you wanted me to hear them again..." she teased me again that this time made me pout like a kid.

"You know for a note, you better gather your strength so you can counter me back." She advised me.

"Right. As if there's someone or anyone willing for me to be alive." I sarcastically told her as I looked distant.

"Why are you thinking that way?" She asked that made me chuckle painfully.

"Its my own fault and because of my own regrets, guilt, fears or lacking confidence in me, I couldn't fight everything in me." I sarcastically replied as I pretend that I am not hurting from telling these to her.

"Can I know what did you do?" She carefully asked but I just looked at her.

I looked at her with worries and doubt but there was something in me somewhere that kept telling me that it will be alright and that I could trust her.