Chapter XXII

Thea Riel

"I get that a lot." I casually responded and immediately shifted back to what I usually was.

I can tell the others who caught-up from the sudden sparring, they were shocked on how I can control my aura shifting.

"I didn't expect that you'll be blind from the way you fight." the girl said and I can tell that she was smiling.

"That's the first thing I heard since I came here." I chuckled and that made her laugh.

Her laugh felt so rare like she never laugh or even smile. But I can tell that it wasn't just a case.

"Don't mind those whispers..." She suddenly told me but I don't like to hear something like those - whispers.

"Just hope it wont sent me to the edge." I chuckled but I can feel that she stared at me.

"Thea. Thea Riel." I suddenly introduced myself since I want to talk about it anymore.

"I'm Alison Marci but you can call me whatever you want." Alison Marci introduced herself then I also felt a hand touched mine before shaking it.

"I can tell you've been going through something but at the same time you're something more. I felt them when I exchanged blows with you." Alison Marci said which made me smile for her kind consideration.

"Thanks for thinking that but I am blind." I told her but she just chuckled.

"Nonsense. I'll ask my parents to appoint you as my beta and you can't say no to that bond." Alison Marci straight forward told me which only made me shake my head but chuckles.

'I ACCEPT!'

"Wolfox...let's inform her first." I told my wolf-fox who immediately nodded since we both don't know if our mate agrees to this one.

"I'll ask my mate first." I replied to Alison Marci which made her smiled like she already knew about it.

"She's lucky to have you." Alison Marci jumped on me as she gave me a friendly hug. She felt like a sister to me already.

I actually didn't get why she said that to me since I only just met my mate. But when I felt some eyes fixed on us hugging, I felt uneasy and alerted until Alison Marci patted my back.

"Don't worry. They're my parents." She whispered to me and like on que, her parents came into the view.

Everyone bowed with respect which made me do the same but I stood up while they were still bowing. I was a bit confused on how long they were going to bow, then I heard a laughter.

"Knock it off, Lyric." A very soothing yet powerful voice of a lady said that made me looked who owns them.

I don't know why all of the sudden I can see red-gold with dark swirling smoke around her. I can tell she's dangerous but more like a vampire that can shift into a wolf.

"Is she a shifter?" I asked no one in particular inside my head.

'Not just a wolf, T. it's a spirit wolf.'

"What was that?" I asked my wolf-fox since that was the first I heard it again since I was 5.

'Knight of the King.'

"Meaning, she's strong." I concluded but I can tell that my wolf-fox didn't agree to it.

I was about to ask my other side when Alison Marci dragged me with her to them.

"Mom, Mommy, I found my beta. She's blindly weird." Alison Marci introduced me with such excitement in her tone but my wolf-fox and I felt offended so the next thing I knew she was whining.

In short, we hit the back of her head in front of her parents. To others behind us, it was indeed a crime that needed to be punished but her parents had something in their minds.

"I know I am blind but don't mix Ceres weirdness with me." I groaned that made her mother Lyric laugh at my remarks.

So, I'm still safe, I guess...

"But its good weirdness. I can tell that you can bring hope at the same time chaos. Its cool." Alison Marci said with such excitement that made me sigh as I facepalm myself from her kid attitude. She's like Ceres in front of her parents, I guess?

"No offense, are you sure you're their daughter or your Ceres?" I sarcastically asked Alison Marci which made her faked that she was in pain.

"Enough you two...you already make me cry out of laughter." Her mother, who looked like a musician, said to us but we just glared at her.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" We both shouted at her mother who immediately closed her mouth.

But some beautiful laughter coming from one lady interrupted us and that's her wife.

"Nicely done, you two. I'm Alicia Irie the alpha of the Moonlight Blood pack and the person here was my Luna and my wife, Lyric. We're Alison Marci's parents." Alicia introduced herself and her wife to me.

"I'm Thea Riel -" I was introducing myself when they cut me off with a surprised face followed by little giggles.

"So you're her mate..." Lyric smirked and hit the wrong button in me.

I seriously don't get why I'm easily affected by those remarks like I am not worthy for my mate's love and affection.

"It's that wrong?" I asked blankly that Alicia immediately noticed my darkness was about to surface. Good thing she nudged her wife's sides to shut her up.

"Nothing wrong about that. It's just that we never thought she'll find one this year." Alicia explained that made me nod in blankness.

The four of us excused ourselves from the training since Alpha really wanted to talk to me for some reason. On our walk, Alpha Alicia suddenly took my wrist and cloaked me with her malice. Then just like a snap of a finer, we're already in the woods behind the pack house.

We just stood there in silence while she looked deeply at me but when she knotted her eyebrow, I realized that she couldn't read me clearly.

"Being deeply wounded by own flaws can be healed if wanted too. Don't let your negativities drive you away from what makes you happily complete." Alicia told me which took me off guard.

"What makes you think that way?" I asked curiously since I wanted to hear her point.

"I might not read your thoughts like other noble vampires can but I can definitely sense Nixan around you. Like she's with you but not. Maybe it's the distance but your bond is beyond compare." She said that makes me smile then she started to walk ahead of me.

"I can tell you're the type of person that doesn't easily give interest unless you feel it. You want to show true and real affection or response to something or even to someone." She continued that it made me nod since it was true.

"Sometimes it could cause misunderstanding or misinterpretation. So better to speak them up." She continued that made me look back at her sadly.

"Not everyone can understand or even dare to think of putting their toes on someone's pain." I told her which made her patted my shoulder.

"You're right but if someone stays and willingly listens to every burden you're carrying, give it a try. But if they go in such a distance, then it's not meant to stay for that kind of pain." Alicia made her point which made me think about it.

"Meaning, Nixan and you should be prepared for what lies ahead of you. Communicate, respect and be truthful as both of you can. The rest will follow in their own time because loving someone in their blossoming time will be much more fruitful to keep." Alicia continued before she pat my shoulder for the last time and continued to walk ahead of me.

I watched her walk toward her family and she was very happy even her wife, her Luna can turn her irritation on red alert.

"They're family was indeed full of irritation but fun one." I told myself while watching then until Alison Marci called my attention.

"C'mon, Thea. Let's train on the other open filed here." Alison Marci said which made me nodded and followed.

This will be another training that I would never expected to come.