Chapter XXVI

Thea Riel

I woke in a different realm since it was too dark but there was on heat coming somewhere. I tried to locate where it was coming from and I was surprised to see a black fox with flame tattooed on its forehead. But it was being chained like it was locked away for some reason that I don't want to find out yet, something in me do so. I shook my head and composed myself before facing the black fox.

Even step I made to get closer to the fox, the malice was getting intensify and the miasma was like what I released earlier. It was too toxic and made me almost lose myself but Nixan face kept flashing through my mind which made me get by from this one. As I finally stood in front of the black fox, it was immediately awakened by my presence.

'A daughter of my long partner.'

"I bet that was my mother." I sarcastically said while looking around the black fox.

'Just like her.'

"Good thing it amused you." I smiled before I sat in front of it.

"I noticed you've been chained, can I know why?" I asked carefully since I don't want to talk to a pissed fox.

'Your mother did. She wanted to make sure that I'll be passed down to a worthy partner.'

"So you choose me?" I asked.

'Indeed.'

"Why me then?" I asked since it could be with anyone but me.

'I felt it like what your mate felt.'

"What?" I curiously asked.

'The need; the want; mostly, the hope.'

"I see...I've been feeling them lately." I smiled as I realized that it was true that somewhere in me I am feeling them.

"Your name?" I asked since I never know what its name is.

'Elpis.'

"Wow, so you're different from Wolfox?" I asked since I'm having another side in my head.

'We're one but we have different power. Wolfox represents the strength and top speed of a wolf. While me, I represent the night of the moon and flame of the sun...'

"Don't you think its contradicting power?" I sarcastically asked but Elpis knew what I meant by it.

'In our clan of fox, chosen ones always have two powers like Elaine have.'

"What was it?" I asked since I learned about it when we talked.

'Life and death.'

"So is there any love and hate power among the wolf-fox?" I asked like a stupid little kid since it made Elpis laughed.

'Every creature has it so there's no need to possess that power. It belongs to everyone.'

I laughed since it was right then I suddenly felt a familiar touch caressing my face and a longing kiss onto my forehead.

'Your mate is calling you now.'

"Wait, Elpis, can I be the real me with her?" I asked out of the blue which made it looked at me before nodding off.

'A partner that understands the ups and downs or even the greatness or flaws of each other will make it through. Just choose to do so.'

"A choice." I smiled sadly but I knew it was what I needed. I have to make a choice for my life.

'Have a strong courage to choose. It's your own life. Own it. Make it.'

"Thanks Elpis." I said since I hear what made me held my ground to focus what my head and heart sets on.