Chapter VIII

Thea Riel

Even though I am blind and running so wild around the woods as if it was my playground, I took some short break to get something to drink. I closed my eyes and let my senses feel everything that surrounds me but something stirred up in my senses.

'Run.'

I heard a familiar voice whisper through my eyes and my body responded to it. I went back on my run but my speed wasn't the one I usually do. As I sprinted like there was no tomorrow, something felt odd behind my tail. Like I was being followed or worst hunted by my kind. Well, I am different from them. I still have my senses as a night creature, not like a rotten dead corpse running and hunting aimlessly.

'Beware as the Wolfox steps out the pack, the scent of dead-blood will be everywhere.'

As I recalled Ceres' letter, I finally understood what she meant by dead-blood - fallen rogues.

"Dang it! Why can't she say it clearly?!" I groaned as I kept running deeper into the woods until I felt something almost hit my face.

"FUCK!" I mumbled to myself and the last thing I could remember I was being on the edge of shifting but I never did yet I felt very odd.

It was already midnight and I was blocked out - I mean, I collapsed on the ground.

"What just happened?" I asked my wolf-fox but she wasn't answering aside from the echoing words.

'She's...here...'

"Hey...stay with me..." a very lovely voice rings through my ears as every part of my body begins to tingle then I am out.

Unknown POV

I was too tired coming from some emergency at the Moonlight Blood pack which wasn't a real emergency because of Ceres twisted mind. I don't want to be bothered tonight but something in my guts itch to get out of the house. I sighed since if I don't run around my estate, I won't be able to sleep.

"Better to run before it turns into hunger." I mumbled to myself and told my butler that I'll be doing some evening run and that they could take some rest early.

I was running aimlessly around the estate that Ceres and my human adoptive parents made some deal a long time ago. That's explained why I've got the estate for myself after they died. Anyway, I kept running when I smelled a tulip somewhere but something was odd about the scent - it was tainted with blood. My eyes widened since that scent was really sending me to overdrive. I want to get where it was and I was shocked seeing a human fighting for her life but there was something different from this human. She was reeking the scent of tulips and blood since she was bleeding. I watched her fight and she was good but not great. More training was needed for her to be one but when I saw her face - that's where my world from ancient time began to move again.

I snapped from watching and jumped in the middle of surviving these fallen rouges. I killed them in an instant but when I turned she collapsed on the ground.

"Hey...stay with me..." I told her but I'm losing her and it was really quick. I immediately did some first aid but I am losing her.

"Give her your blood." Ceres told me and I am not surprised that she was here already.

"I know you felt it. Just do it." She continued and went back on helping her wife get rid of those second batch of filthy fallen rogues for good.

I closed my eyes before turning to meet this bleeding girl in my arms. I didn't want to do anything like this ever again but I have this kind of urge that I need to do it. I bit myself before giving her some of my blood. My blood was a bit special but it only accepted someone special.