Chapter XXXI

Thea Riel

'Wake up, my beloved. I miss you.'

I know its Nixan's voice but I can't or won't rather wake up from my slumber. I can feel it was quite sometime already since I was out. I can still hear everything but my body won't take any reaction from it until I felt some raging flame crawling under my skin and I know it was the ashes from Nixan's past.

"I can take those pains and still stand even though it's making me weak whenever it strikes. I might cry and plead to make it stop but it doesn't change the fact that I can. I can stand on them and leave them aside. If they come and haunt again, I just take a stop, listen then cry them out loud and pray. It's been like that which made me strong at the same time weak but knowing I am not alone, I can. I will make it through and one day, I will fly like a raging phoenix." I told myself that making those crawling flames came on subsiding and calming.

"I might not be worthy enough for her, but I will keep on trying to be one just for her." I continued which made some ashes formed into two figures.

I was awe in this calm night space when I saw it formed.

'I might not like how my child ended up with a girl...but seeing her more lost and in pain that almost killed her, was more painful for us as her parents.'

My guess was right, it was her parents but they were only ashes figures not definite facial features to know who's who between them.

'I want my child to be completely happy with someone making her alive and living peacefully...just don't ended up like us; broken before we died.'

"I can't promise since there's no perfect relationship but I will try to keep making mends if something is broken. I will keeping loving her and reminding myself why I fall your daughter." I answered them calmly since that's what I really feel.

They just smiled before vanishing once again and merged with the other ashes around me. But there was something different on these ashes. They were swirling like they were having fun and again, they began entering me and crawling like they were meant to be inside of me. As they kept moving inside and out of me, there was no longer pain. There was only relief which made me smiled.

"Oh Goddess...thank you." I whispered as I prayed on how calmed everything around me.

Then slowly, the space turned into something else. It was like the garden with a great view and there was my wolf-fox lying on the grassy hilltop.

"What are you doing here?" I asked which made its ears flicker.

'Waiting for you.'

"I see..." I said as I took a seat next to her.

'Wanna wake up now, it's almost June?'

"So I'm out for three months..." I thought which made my wolf-fox tail-slap me again. I just laughed on her reaction since I missed this interaction with her.

'Shall we?'

"Yeah-Wait! On the second thought, not right now..." I told my wolf-fox which made her looked confused at me a bit.

'Can I know why?'

"7th day, wake me without her knowing." I grinned that only made my wolf-fox nodded since she already get the message what I'm trying to say.

I'm gonna make something special for her but I have to think what could it be. Something special and full of unexplainable love and affection for her.

"Elpis, can I drop off into someone's dream?" I asked which made her look confused but nodded.

'You can but you must know the person first before you connect your dream to her.'