Chapter XVII

Thea Riel

As the music ended, the dark musician immediately burst into flame and it was too strong to the point it was forming into a raging phoenix. The phoenix should have fire color but this one wasn't just having one color of flame. It was showing different colors and one thing that really stood out from it was the blood color flame.

"Can it be...Xan?" I thought and then the phoenix formed into a figure of a lady with a hideous scar on its right face.

The scar was stitched but still has these angry claw marks that almost wipe half of its face. Not to mention that there was also a burned skin from its shoulder and I don't know where it ends. I was about to reach this lady but when its eyes looked at me, it began to cry.

I was held back since I felt it as well. I felt the pain from the long forgotten past yet left a scar that couldn't be washed away with a simple touch - an empty touch of pity. Then, just like a snap of a finger, I woke up from that deep, dark but meaningful dream that I ever had before.

"Sorry...I understand now..." I cried as I covered my face with my two hands.

I understand why my mate doesn't want me to see what she really looks like.

Nixan

I know talking to my mate's wolf-fox can be reflected into Riel's dream even in different form. I know it might confuse her but watching her sleep peacefully meant one thing, she's listening to a melody. But after one talk to Wolfox, Riel was about to wake up and I knew she was in pain. Upset. More importantly, she finally understands why I have to hide my real face to her.

"Until the right time of accepting that side of mine, I'll be fully naked to you. Without any mask." I whispered before I touched her forehead then went to the window next to her bed.

Thea Riel

I was crying all my heart out and I never realized somebody or let just say one particular person was watching me. That's embarrassing to watch.

"Don't hide your tears to me." Dr Redbird said with a very calming voice that made me wipe my tears before meeting hers.

"Where have you been?" I managed to ask her since I've been wanting to see her since I woke up from my slumber.

"Well, I have some runs in the human realm." She answered as she gave me a simple smile. I don't like that kind of smile to tell you. It wasn't showing what she really feels inside.

"Human realm?" I asked since I never thought someone from the night realm can go and mingle with humans.

"Yes, I work there as a doctor as well." She answered as she remembered something because she suddenly became quiet.

"Something bothers you, Dr Redbird?" I asked as I looked down to my lap.

"Nothing much but I've got to check someone..." She said as I felt her eyes stared at me.

"Can I know who?" I asked carefully but nothing hers.

"Soon though...anyway, here are your clothes and your phone." She answered that made looked at my phone that I've been dying to hold.

"Why give me this?" I asked.

"You might get bored on staying here in my estate." She answered which my eyes widen since I never realized that I was already in somewhere else place.

I was lost in my thoughts since I was not stying at the hospital anymore but to her estate - HER ESTATE!

'T, can you breath?'