Chapter 11: Infiltration

Third Person POV 

It's been a few days since the fight between Dante and Y/N. Since the day that Salem found out that her "son" was still alive but to only be stopped by the one and only, Vergil. 

In Goodwitch's class, Pyrrha dodged from an attack as Cardin slammed it onto the ground. Pyrrha dashed at Cardin and slashed at him with her spear before slashing him across the chest before using her spear and throw him onto the ground, depleting his aura. 

Goodwitch: And that is the match. 
She said as she stepped into the arena. 

Cardin: Lucky shot. 
He said before falling to the ground. 

Goodwitch: Well done Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament. 

Pyrrrha: Thank you professor. 

Goodwitch: Alright now. I know that a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparing match. Any volunteers? 
She asked as she looks around the room.

 Goodwitch: Ms Belladonna? You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-

Mercury: I'll do it. 
He said as he raised his hand. 

Goodwitch: Mercury is it? Very well. Lets find you an opponent. 
She said as she looked for someone else to fight. 

Mercury: Actually I wanna fight...her. 
He said as he points to Pyrrha. 

Pyrrha: Me? 

Goodwitch: I'm afraid Ms Nikos has just finished a match. I'd recommend you choose another partner. 

Pyrrha: No. It's fine. I'd be happy to oblige. 

Mercury stepped onto the stage as he got into his stance. Mercury charged at Pyrrha and threw a right kick at Pyrrha. Pyrrha blocked the kick and swiped at his feet, knocking him down before he got up. Mercury backed up as he looked at her before he throw another kick from his right leg before switching to throw multiple left kicks at her.  Before Mercury could react, Pyrrh bashed back with her shield as Mercury slowed down and looked at her. 

Mercury: Not bad. 
He said to himself. 

Ruby: Hey. Your friend's doing pretty good. 
She said to Emerald as Emerald faked a smile. 

Mercury charged at Pyrrha as he threw multiple kicks at her, pushing her back before throwing another kick at her but to only be blocked. Pyrrha grabbed her spear and blocked his next few kicks before her spear was kicked out of her hand again. Seeing this, Mercury threw a roundhouse at her as Pyrrha uses her semblance to redirect his kick. Mercury spun around and knelt on the ground, confused by the attack and turns around to see Pyrrha charging at him. Mercury uses her shield to back up as she charges at him. 

Mercury: I forfeit. 
He said to Goodwitch, making Pyrrha stop. 

Pyrrha: Y-You don't even want to try? 

Mercury: Why not? We're obviously leagues apart. 
He said as he looks at her. 

Pyrrha looks down as Mercury walks away. 

Goodwitch: In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match.  Again. Next time you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent. 

RING 

Goodwitch: And remember that the dance is this weekend but you all have your first mission on Monday.
She told everyone. 

Team RWBY and every left the room as Emerald waited for Mercury. 

Mercury: Learning is so much fun! 
He said as he looks at her. 

Emerald smiles and kisses him before grabbing his arm to walk with him. The two walked down the hall as they saw team RWBY. 

Ruby: So how long do you think Y/N will be in the hospital? 
She asked her team. 

Mercury's and Emerald's eyes widen as they overheard his name. 

Mercury/Emerald: He's alive? 
They asked each other. 

Yang: Hopefully not too long. 

Weiss: What did that man even do to make him like this? 

RY: I don't know. 
They said as they continued to walk away. 

Emerald and Mercury look at each other as they held their hands. 

Emerald: He can't be alive. She killed him. 

Mercury: He's dead. I'm sure of it. 
He said to her. 

Emerald hugs him as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. 

Mercury: I'll always be here for you. 
He said as he hugs her. 

Emerald looks at him with her red eyes and kisses him. Mercury kisses him before looking at her. 

Emerald: I love you Mercury. 

Mercury: I love you too Emerald. 

Emerald: Let's go back to our room. Cinder must be waiting for us. 
She smiles. 

Mercury nods. 

Mercury: What did I deserve to be with such beautiful girls. 
He asked her. 

Emerald: For being stronger and being a better boyfriend. 

To Vergil 

Vergil was kneeling in front of tomb as he held his katana. 

Vergil: It's been a while since I've came to this. The day that you were taken. May you rest. I'll take care of him. 
He said and slashed opened a portal as Alyssa puts flowers on the tomb before following Vergil through the portal. 

To Y/N 

Dream 

I felt the cold wind brushing against my skin as I saw Blue Rose in my hand. 

"Where am I?" 
I asked myself as I looked around. 

???: How foolish Mercury. 
I heard my own voice. 

I looked in front of me as I saw three shadows. One on the ground, crawling away as another had a gun in hand with a radio in the other. 

???: Say goodbye to her Mercury. 

Dream Ends 

To Mercury 

Mercury was laying on his bed as Cinder and Emerald cuddled against him. 

Cinder: So you heard that little girl say something about Y/N being here. 
She said as she touches his chest. 

Mercury: Yeah. 
He said as he looks at her. 

Cinder: Hmm. That girl must be stupid. Y/N is long dead. Salem is the most powerful being so he must be dead. 

Mercury: I suppose so. 
He said as he kisses her. 

Cinder kisses back as she lays with him. 

Cinder: Once we get all the relics, we could live in peace. 

Mercury: I'll love to my princess. 

Here is chapter 11 of Who The Monsters Are! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! What do you all think so far? 

What do you all think should happen next?