05

When I got to Cash's, I saw his car and his brother's in the driveway. I didn't know whether to knock or ring the doorbell.

I guess his parents weren't actually home. Should I just walk in?

I knocked a few times and the door swung open. "You actually came!" Cash said, excitedly. "Oh, I mean, thanks for coming," he said, clearing his throat. I laughed and walked inside. Everything looked the same from when I was last here.

"Where's Mav?" I asked. I honestly didn't really care where he was, I was just nervous about him seeing Cash and me together.

"That's a good question that I do not have the answer to. C'mon let's go to my room," Cash said, starting to walk up the stairs. I, however, hesitated. "Let's go, I don't bite... usually," He added, looking me up and down.

Are we really doing this?

I felt my feet drag the rest of me up the stairs behind Cash.

Okay, we're really doing this.

I cautiously sat on Cash's bed and I guess he could tell I was nervous so he sat in his gaming chair. He pointed to a dent in the wall. "Remember that?" He asked. I brushed my hand over the spot.

"How could I forget? You took a really bad picture of me and you said it was going to be your new phone background so I tackled you to the ground. We started play fighting and then your phone hit the wall. You thought your parents were going to kill you so we spent like three hours rearranging your room so the dent wasn't noticeable," My heart sank as I replayed the memory over and over in my head.

Not going to lie, I was really missing those moments right about now.

"Yeah... I miss that," Cash said, as if he was reading my thoughts. He was staring at the dent in the wall, clearly deep in thought. It was very clear how much he wanted things to go back to normal but I didn't know if I was ready to go through all that again.

"Hey!" Cash piped up. "Remember the game we made up? Where one person would stand in the middle of the room with their eyes closed, the other person would find a spot in the room to stay in, and then the person who was blindfolded would have to find the other person without being able to see?" He asked.

"Of course I remember. You act as if we didn't do these things a few months ago," I said, laughing nervously.

"Let's play it," Cash said, he sounded determined but I wasn't complaining. I was a little embarrassed to be playing this childish game we made up but Cash seemed so excited by it that I agreed.

"You spin first," I said. Cash grabbed a white bandana and placed it over his eyes, tying it in the back of his head. I stood a few feet away, by Cash's bed and watched him spin around. He held his arms out and slowly stumbled around the room.

He got closer to me and I tensed up, trying not to burst into laughter. Cash's hands hit my shoulders causing me to fall back on the bed. He tripped over his feet and fell onto me. We both burst in laughter and Cash used one hand to hold himself above me while the other was used to take his blindfold off.

"Got you," Cash whispered, smirking.

That damn smirk.

Our faces slowly inched closer but Cash jumped up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up on Cash's bed and looked at the caller ID.

"My mother," I said, showing Cash my phone. I saw his cheeks turn pink as I hit the answer button.

"Carter? Dinner's ready so please say goodbye to Cailee and come home," she said, clearly angry but when is she not? My mother hung up without waiting for an answer.