36

"Damn! You look good!" Cailee covered her mouth and I giggled at her words. We were currently in Ken's house, getting ready. I've never been in Josh's house until today and it's huge, no wonder they're having the wedding here.

The backyard is completely ready for the wedding as well as the inside of the house is ready for the after party. Cailee and I were in one of the guest rooms, getting ready. My mom picked out a short strappy light blue dress for me and Cailee picked out a floral dress for herself. My mom was in another room, getting ready with her bridesmaids.

"You look good too," I complimented Cailee, watching her spin around. I slipped on a pair of nude colored heels and led Cailee out of the room. Josh was in another guest room helping his dad get ready. Cailee and I walked down the grand staircase, admiring the way the entire house was filled with simple decorations and presents from guests who have started to arrive.

"You nervous to see him?" Cailee asked and I shook my head. "Lies," Cailee squinted at me. "It's okay to be nervous about seeing him." She placed a hand on my shoulder in comfort.

"Baby," Mav walked through the front door and made his way to Cailee, slipping his arm around her waist. "You look beautiful," he spoke, pressing a kiss to her head.

"You look really nice too, Carter," Mav complimented and I gave him a smile, looking back at the door. "Want to head out back?" Mav asked and Cailee looked to me as if she was asking for permission.

"Go," I shooed them away. "I'll wait here for Sam," I watched the two walk away and sat on the marble staircase.

"Carter!" Josh called out, running down the stairs and almost tripping in the process. "Whatcha doing?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Waiting for Sam," I let my head rest in my hands and Josh huffed.

"I'm not letting you just sit here and wait for him, okay? Let's go out back," Josh took my hand and dragged me up from the stairs. "Your mom's getting married today and you're not going to sit around waiting for the boy you love to walk through those doors."

"I'm not in love with Sam though," I furrowed my eyebrows and watched Josh turn to me.

"I know," he spoke, letting go of my arm and letting me admire the backyard. First of all, it was huge and there was a lot of open space. White chairs were placed in perfect spaces, leaving a large walkway to the altar. I let my mouth open in awe, letting my eyes roam around.

"Carter, hi," I felt a hand place itself on my shoulder and turned to see Sam. I let a smile take over my face and watched the boy run a hand through his hair. "You look great," he smiled at me and I couldn't help the blush that came over my face.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "You do too," I added.

"Want to take a seat?" He asked, gesturing to the front row seats and I nodded. I felt Sam place a steady hand on the small of my back, leading me to sit down. I looked around, trying not to make it obvious that I was looking for someone else.

"Who you looking for?" Sam asked and my eyes widened.

"Um, Cailee," I coughed and Sam laughed.

"I don't know why I bother asking, I know who you're looking for," Sam softly laughed again and I pursed my lips.

"Sam, you're such a good guy but-"

"But you don't like me," Sam finished my sentence and I nodded slowly. "I get it. Besides, I saw a girl eyeing me at the frat party a few days ago," Sam smirked and I laughed.

"So we're good?" I hesitantly asked and Sam nodded, sticking his hand out.

"All good," he responded. I placed my hand in his, shaking them up and down. I turned to see Josh sit down next to me.

"Hey, guys, look who I found," he pointed to the Cash sitting beside him.

"Hi," Cash spoke out.

"Hi," I quietly answered. I gently leaned back in my chair, clearing feeling the tension in the air. I looked around to see almost all the seats were filled with a few people coming into the backyard to fill them. I turned all the way around and saw Cailee and Mav sitting behind me, their fingers interlaced. Music started playing and everyone went silent, ready for the ceremony to start.

The ceremony was beautiful and everyone was crying happy tears. We all headed inside while the cleaning crew stayed behind to clean the backyard and set up a dance floor and extra after party things outside.

My mom had changed into a more comfy white dress and fixed her makeup from crying. Mostly everyone was walking around with a plate of food in their hands, talking to others. I stayed with Cailee and Mav until we could go outside again, the backyard ready again.

Cailee and Mav excused themselves to the dancefloor while I stayed on the side, watching them along with others.

"Hey," I heard Cash speak next to me. I jump a bit, not ready for his presence next to me. He ran his fingers through his hair before continuing, "can we talk?"

---

they're married aww

honestly the last wedding i went to was when i was 7 so i don't remember much so bare with me if it's completely wrong