12

I found myself at Cash's house, knocking on the door. A few tears were rolling down my cheeks as Mav answered the door.

"Carter, hey, you okay? It's been a while," Mav scratched the back of his neck and I nodded. It had been a while since Mav and I had properly spoken.

"Yeah, sorry I've just been busy with," I paused, thinking of an answer, "school."

Why was this awkward? Mav and I used to be so close.

"Anyways-"

"Is Cash here?" I cut Mav off, wanting to see his brother for the most part. I avoided Mav's gaze considering he knew about the dare from the night of the party.

"Y- yeah he's upstairs. He might still be in the shower but, Carter?" Mav spoke, placing a hand on my shoulder before I had time to make my way into the house.

"Hm?"

"Please don't hurt him, he's been through a lot," Mav's face held a soft look and I gave him a closed mouth smile.

"I'm trying not to," I answered softly before scooting past Mav and up the stairs to Cash's room. I sat on Cash's large bed, surveying the empty room. I tossed my phone around in my hands until I heard someone clear their throat.

"Carter?" His voice cracked slightly but I didn't have time to dwell on that since Cash was leaning against the doorframe of his room, a towel hung loosely around his waist, glistening six pack out for anyone to see. His hair was messy and dripping wet and I swear I felt my jaw hit the floor.

Take a picture, it'll last longer," Cash laughed and shook his head, making his way over towards his closet. He turned around with a pair of sweatpants and boxers in his hand. "You're free to watch," Cash shot me a smirk and I quickly shook my head, covering my eyes with my hands.

"So, what brings Carter to my house? Cash asked and I slowly pulled my hands away from my eyes as Cash made his way over to the bed, sweatpants clinging to his waist.

I- I wanted to see you," I sniffled and Cash pursed his lips.

"There's no way you wanted to see me," Cash joked but I didn't feel like laughing. "What's up, buttercup?" Cash tried to make me smile but I just bit my lip.

"It's my mom," I sighed, running a hand through my hair and Cash watched my every move as I continued, "and Josh."

"Josh? And your mom? Do I even want to know?"

""No, not them together. They both know how to get under my skin," I groaned and Cash placed a hand on my back, rubbing it up and down.

"I know, Carter, I know Josh can be-"

"His dad is going out with my mom," I spit out, interrupting Cash. His eyes widened slightly and his hand stopped it's movements.

Oh," was all he said. "How did that happen?" Cash asked and I took a deep breath.

"You want the long version or the short version?" I asked and Cash leant back to look at the clock on his bedside table.

"Long version. We have time," Cash continued the hand movements on my back and I began to tell him everything.

I told him about Josh and what he did all through elementary school, how he's started to torment me again about my mom and his dad.

I told Cash about my dad and Josh's mom and what happened between them. I told him about the fight I had with my mom and he listened. He didn't say anything, he just sat and listened. I didn't realize there were more tears going down my cheeks until one dissolved on my chapped lips.

"Oh, Carter," Cash swiped a tear away using his thumb and I leant into his touch. It felt like fire against my skin and i never wanted that feeling to go away. "You need a night away from your mom," Cash suggested and I nodded.

Cash's face was very close to mine at this point and I couldn't control myself anymore. I pressed my lips to his and Cash instantly molded his own against mine. His tongue swiped across my bottom lip, begging for entrance and I let him. I ran a hand through his hair, tugging at the roots receiving a soft groan from Cash.

"You should get ready for bed," Cash spoke against my lips and I pulled away, nodding. "You going to shower?" Cash asked and I nodded again, following him to the bathroom across the hall.

Cash opened the cabinet to get a towel for me and I stripped of my shirt and shorts, leaving me in just my underwear and matching bra.

"Jesus, Carter," Cash's face looked flushed and I just smirked.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," I mocked Cash's words from earlier and he just rolled his eyes, tossing me the towel. He was about to reach for the door handle when I weighed my options, eventually stopping him with my small hand attaching to his wrist.

"Stay?" I quietly asked and Cash's eyes widened.

"Carter, I just took a shower," Cash's eyebrows furrowed and I felt a surge of confidence take over me.

"Then," I sighed, walking over and turning on the shower water before continuing, "stay and help me."