17

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Cailee shouted at me at the end of the day. I didn't see her when I got to school since she complained that Mav made her late.

Today was actually the say before Thanksgiving since we had Thanksgiving off from school but Cailee was definitely in the spirit.

I laughed as she twirled around me as I put my books away in my locker. She was probably happy because she was going away with Maverick for the long weekend so the two of them could spend Thanksgiving together.

"I got to head home, my mother's heading out for the weekend with Mr.. Richard's and she'd kill me if I didn't say bye," I said bye to Cailee and sped home, hoping I didn't miss my mother.

She and I have actually gotten into a good place. Not the best, but decent enough for me to be moderately happy to be living in the same apartment as her.

As for Mr. Richard's, I actually have tried to get used to him being in my house. He stays over sometimes, but not enough for him to be moving in. I think there's a bit of commitment issues there but I'm not going to pry.

"Ah, you're here," my mother dragged a suitcase down the hall and wrapped me in a one armed hug. "Please be safe this weekend," she spoke as she pulled away. Her and Mr. Richard's were heading to his cabin somewhere north.

"See you, Mr. Richard's," I gave a small wave to Mr. Richard's who followed my mother out from down the hall.

"Carter, call me Kellin, please," Mr. Richards- Kellin suggested and I gave him a nod.

"See you, Kellin," the name felt weird on my tongue but I decided to stick with it.

"You're not to have anyone over, correct?" My mother asked and I just nodded. "There's enough food in the fridge to last you until we get back, please be safe," my mother kissed my forehead and handed Kellin her suitcase. He left, bringing the suitcases down to the car as my mother grabbed her purse.

"You be safe too," I told my mother who smiled. She waved once more before shutting the door. I watched from the window up high as they got into the car and drove off. I gave it a few minutes before grabbing my phone and packing a bag.

I'm not allowed to have anyone over, but she never said I came go anywhere. Plus, there's no way I'm staying here alone. I texted Cash, letting him know I was on my way over. He told me I could stay with him since his parents would be in Washington on a business trip.

How convenient.

"Ah, there's my girlfriend," Cash wrapped his arms around me and I let my bag fall to the floor once I stepped inside.

"Never going to get used to saying that?" I asked, following Cash upstairs where I placed my bag on his desk chair.

"Never ever," Cash's arms went to my waist and he kissed the top of my head. "Ready for a whole weekend alone?" He asked and I smiled with a nod.

"So, I was thinking tonight could be a movie night?" Cash suggested, walking downstairs and I watched him open Netflix.

"Can I shower first? I would've at the apartment but I was scared someone would break in and I would be naked," Cash laughed and let me know it was okay for me to shower.

After I showered, I felt a surge of confidence come over me. I walked over to Cash's closet and pulled one of his plain black shirts over my head along with my lace underwear. I padded downstairs and watched Cash eyes rake up and down my body.

"Wow, I'm so lucky," he shook his head in amazement and I felt my face become red as ever. Cash practically pulled my body on top of his as he scrolled through Netflix, wondering what to pick.

"Ooh, The Perks of Being a Wallflower!" I shouted and slapped Cash's chest until he finally clicked on it. I laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and the steady movement of his chest going up and down.

---

hi a bit of a soft chapter