'Dinner Date pt 2'-Chapter 21

Pink's POV:

Rusty and I hand in hand walked onto the porch and opened the front door my Mom left open for us earlier. We walk inside and the smell of freshly cooked chicken hit us, It was amazing. We walk through the hallway and glimpse through the door to the main room/ kitchen. My dad was on the couch while my Mom was preparing her famous chicken which she just took out the oven half-cooked to put more seasoning on.

Rusty and I slowly walk-into the main room now breaking our hands from one another. Nervously, we slowly walked into the living room with Rusty behind me. He was so shy it was cute. My Mother welcomed us once more and my Dad, at the sound of my mother's voice, turned from the T.V and glanced over at us. He slowly got up from the couch, walking towards us. Once he got close to us there was a pause then he took out his hand inviting Ruasty to shake it which Rusty did so.

"Welcome young lad." My Dad said warmly. It was taken back by the tone of his voice but I liked where we were all going so far. Yep, a young lad  I thought, grinning in my inner thoughts.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. D," Rusty said warmly.

My Dad gave off a smile towards Rusty before turning to me.

"Hey, my little Rosy" My Dad said in a voice you would put on to babies or toddlers.

"Daddddddddd" I whined with a giggled giving my Dad a hug. We shortly let go until...

"Rosy?" Rusty echoed my Dad giving me a confused look.

"Nickname, cause I have pink hair."

"Dinner will be done shortly- OH"! and Alex is upstairs with Kaylee playing dolls?" My Mom stated still fussing around with the food. 

"Well I'm going to check on Alex, Hey Rusty maybe you should stay down here with my Dad and get to know each other a little bit yeah?" I advised. Their faces were stiff and nervous. I could tell they really didn't want to be in each other's company but they had to.

"What a great idea Pink" My Mom chimed in.

"I'll see you two soon!" I grinned walking into the hallway with a little cheeky wave towards the two. Rusty gave me this 'I'll get you back for this glare' before I walked out of the main room into the hallway.

Rusty's POV:

I heard the sounds of my girlfriend's footsteps walking up the stairs and the sound disappearing. Pink's Dad walked over to the couch sitting down he looked towards me then at the seat next to him asking me to sit down. I did as I was told and crept towards the couch where I sat down.

"So" "Pink and you are... dating..." Mr. D spoke up.

"Yes sir" I replied with no hesitation.

Mr. D pulled me closer to him and whispered to me something that will never forget in my life... "You break my daughter's heart I'll break you" Mr. D Growled with this eery smile just smiling at me... He looked as if he could see into my soul...

"I won't sir... Believe me..." I cringe a bit remembering that smile...

"I see..." He mumbled. "What do you like to do then?" He questioned me.

"Reading, adventuring that's really all I do," I say in a monotone voice. I was replied with a small 'mmm' from Mr. D.

"What do you read then...? I know that Pink loves a good crime book" He interrogated.

"I like to read, err... like science fiction" I lied.

"Mhmm..." Was his response.

There was a long silence... very very awkward and unsettling. This lasted a minute or so before Pink's Mom called us for dinner... Finally!  I thought with excitement. I heard 3 pairs of feet running down the stairs and the voices of Kaylee and Alex following on screaming...