'News'-Chapter 27

No one's POV: 

As Pink returned back up to the privet room that they were all originally in, She slowly opened the door and saw Rusty just sitting there staring at the floor leaning forwards with his hands supporting his face. Pink gently closed the door behind her and walked over to the windows opening them up a bit and just stood there looking out the window breathing in the fresh air and biting her nails in worry in worry for one of her best friends conditions.

Rusty looked up at the sound of the window opening and saw Pink standing there looking out at the skyline of the faraway city from the window. Rusty sat up and crept towards Pink's side looking in the same direction she was. He rubbed his hand around her left shoulder. Pink took notice of his action and wrapped her arm around his waist, leaning her head onto his shoulder.

"Rusty..." The pink-haired female whispered to her boyfriend.

"Mmmm" The male responded.

"Is there any other way to heal him?" She asked emotionlessly still in a hushed tone.

Rusty paused.

"There is one way... But I...-" The Void cut himself off.

"You what?" Pink asked now looking up at Rusty still in his hold.

 Rusty still looked away from her thinking she would be angry at the decision he had made so she could live.

"Well, you remember that incident that took place-4 months ago" Rusty recalled.

PInk nodded slowly at this.

"So you were really sick due to a ceratin someone-Tony-Well he kinda had me something like knifepoint you could say..." Rusty worried a bit. 

"Carry on" Pink calmly told Rusty.

"I had to give up part of my soul to Tony so you could live... If I had my full soul I  could give Alex half of it- He could survive-but I don't... and if I give up the rest of my soul now... I'll die..." Rusty admitted looking away from the window and away from Pink.

Pink removed Rusty's hand from her shoulder until it once again reached Rusty's side. She proceeded to hold his hand and lightly kiss it. Rusty looked down while she kissed his hand and blushed a bit with a small smile.

"We'll get your soul back..." Pink whispered looking up into Rusty's eyes and laid her head softly on his chest and they both continued to look up at the stars from the hospital window, cozying up to each other. 

"I think it's best if we go to bed" Rusty calmly said. Rusty then led Pink by hand to the couch were he laid Pink on top of him and placed down a blanket over them. 

A few hours Later:

Pink's POV:

Rusty slept through the last few hours on the couch but I was still sickened by the feeling of guilt and uncertainty. I couldn't sleep. So I scrolled through my phone lying on Rusty with his arms cuddling me close to him. I began to feel thirsty and decided to slowly move away from Rusty's comfort so I could go outside and get some water. I steadily opened the door which let off a creek which I cringed too. I looked over to check if Rusty was still asleep, and sure enough he was. I let out a sigh of relief and continued out the door quietly closing it. 

Before I could walk away to find a vending machine someone touched my shoulder. This startled me causing me to turn to see who it was that had just touched my shoulder and sure enough it was doctor Quan.

"Oh Hello, Dr. Quan". I greeted still a little startled.

"Hello Miss D. Sorry to startle you but I have some news about Alex?" Dr. Quan stated.

"Oh yes! Right, Is he okay?!" I worried.

"I was also hoping to talk to your husband as well- If that's alright with you? And go somewhere a little less publicated?" Dr. Quan asked.

"He's sleeping at the moment and it's fine here, please, carry on". I urged Dr. Quan to continue.

"Ok. Alex, as you know earlier, had an unknown episode and turns out he... went into cardiac arrest due to the bleeding which caused him to have a stroke which caused his heart to stop" Dr. Quan explained. She paused for a second to let me process this before she carried on.

After I finally grasped what was going on I nodded at the Doctor to tell her to carry on.

"Alex will not survive... I'm sorry" Dr. Quan apologized and slowly walked away.

I held onto the wall for support. Everything felt dizzy and unreal. I stumbled back into the privet room slamming the door behind me unable to take any more steps, It was like I had to left feet. I felt sick. I leaned against the door while dropping to the floor crying hysterically. I began to heave and reached for a nearby bin sat next to. I grasped onto it and titled my head over a puked into the bin.

"Pink?" A tired man's voice questioned.

I in response gave out a small sniff and a whimper.

Rusty's POV:

I heard a sniff and a small whimper come from the bottom half of the door which was covered by a chair. I immediately got up, worried for Pink. 

I looked down at a Pink haired female sitting on the floor looking queazy with a bin clutched on by her fingers and clearly upset. 

"Woah Woah Woah! Pink are you ok?!" I ask. I dropped to the floor to rush to her side.

"What's wrong!?" I ask.

My response was just some jibberish as Pink was gasping and sniffing between words.

"Slow down," I said calmly rubbing her back which seemed to work. Pink began to control her breathing but was still in tears.

"Tell me what's wrong..."

"A-Alex... He-He-" Pink managed to stutter out but before she could finish she teared up some more. I gave her a hug and kissed her head. I gently leaned her head and placed it on my lap where I began to rub her arm and hushed her.

"A-Alex i-isn't going to survive..." Pink finally spoke.

There was a pause. A long one.

"How long?" I asked holding back tears.

"I-i don't kn-know she just told m-e and walked away" Pink explained.

This information made me furious. I picked Pink up and laid her on the couch and wrapped the blanket over her, I told her I'll just be a second and left the room.

I know exactly who I'm going to see...