'The Wisconsin kid'-Chapter 53 Wisconsin

Pink's POV:

I was out doing the weekly grocery shopping at a local Walmart when I saw a young child around 7 in the corner of the chip section. He looked terrified and his face was stained with tears and his eyes were tomato red. I looked around for someone before stepping into the isle but I couldn't find anyone, so I despised to approach the kid.

He was on the floor with his head tucked into his legs like a ball crying.
Poor thing I thought to myself. I set aside my shopping cart and sat down on the floor beside him.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked softly.

His head shot up like a bullet and he immediately grew terrified.

"Hey it's okay I won't hurt you, where's your Mom?" I questioned.

"Sh-She Left m-me here.." he stuttered through his tears.

"Is she still in the store?" I asked.

"N-no" The kid cried.

"Do you know where you live?"

"I live in Wisconsin," the kid said somewhat calm.

I was shocked, to say the least, This kid was god knows how many states away from where he lives and he's hasn't abandoned by his mother.

"Would you like to go grocery shopping with me? You can help me out?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes please" he smiled

I held the kid's hand and placed him inside the shopping cart as he read my shopping list to me around the store telling me we're to stop, it was all like a treasure hunt for him, he loved it. Then we finally finished the whole list.

"That's it," he said looking a little sad.

"Nope," I said. I gestured for him to hand me the shopping list and I grabbed a pen from my purse and messily wrote 'Candy' and handed the list back to him.

"We need to get you a treat" I winked at him.

His face lit up.
"To the candy aisle!" He said excitedly.

"To the candy aisle" I repeated. And we headed off to our last destination.

I rolled us over to the isle and let the kid out of the shopping cart.

"Here you go," I said placing his two feet on the ground. "now go and find something you want, it can be anything" I continued.
He then ran along and tried to find something he wanted, I watched him and smiled as he started looking at all the candy. I then looked down at my purse which was inside the cart and I pulled out my phone from it. I went onto my contacts and was about to call 'Rusty 💕' then I paused I went back up to Alex's contact and pressed the call.

A: Hey Pink, do you have my cookies?

P: Err yeah, but Alex- This is important

A: Oof, then call Rusty- Forget I said that

P: look there's a 7-year-old kid from Wisconsin on his own and he's picking out candy at the moment I need to call the Cops but should I take him home first?

A: Sure if you want I don't care- Wait he can ride A tricycle with me!

P: okay well it looks like he found the candy he wants we'll be heading back now, ok?

A: Sure

P: Wait, Alex

A: Mhmm

P: Any news on Rusty?

A: Nope sorry

P: Okay Thanks anyway, Cya.

I hung up and the kid skipped over to me holding a chocolate bar in his hand. 

"Got what you wanted then?" I asked with a fake smile.

"Yep! Let's go!" He said enthusiastically 

"Great!"

I grabbed my shopping cart with one hand and was about to place my other one when I felt a child-like hand hold mine, I looked down to see the young boy smiling sweetly at me with his little rosy cheeks and his messy brown hair.