'BBQ'-Chapter 37

Alex's POV:

I was just hanging in the back yard with Kaylee and her cousins on the grass we all made flower crowns well they did because I can't make them so Kaylee made me one. A few minutes of making flower crowns and 'girl talking' went by and I saw Pink and Rusty open the back door and walk out hand in hand. Gross but cute. 

"Excuse me lady's," I said curtsying to them still wearing my flower crown. 

I walked up to Pink and Rusty who are on the porch.

"Hey, guys what's up!" I said enthusiastically 

"Hey, Alex- Is that a flower crown?" Pink curiously questioned.

"Looks great on you man" Rusty laughed.

"Why yes! It is thank you for noticing!" I UWU'ed.

making my best friends laugh.

"Pink's here!" one young girl screamed.

I looked at Pink who was smiling but scared and Rusty was just plain out confused. The young kids I was playing with surrounded Pink and Rusty and started asking very forward questions which made them look as if they were embarrassed and dead inside.

"Is this your boyfriend?"      "Have you kissed yet?"           

"Are you married?"         "When are you going to have kids?"       "Are pregnant Pink?"    

Pink's POV: 

I was very uncomfortable with these questions and I could tell that Rusty was too he looked very overwhelmed, especially at the 'Pregnant' and 'Kids' part. 

"Come on girl's leave Pink and Rusty be" My Mom shooed with my aunt beside her. The young girls giggled and skipped away whispering to each other.

"Mom, aunt Izzy!" I smiled giving them a huge hug. 

"Hi, Hunny! My you've grown!" My Aunt awed at me and then looked at Rusty. "My My Aint you a handsome one, You must be Rusty" Izzy complimented.

"eheh yeah" Rusty nervously spoke.

"How long you two been together then?" My Aunt questioned.

"Well, we started dating on January 12th so 5 months almost 6" I smiled holding onto Rusty's hand.

"Awe how wonderful" My Aunt cheered clasping her hands together. "You both will do well together" She added on.

"Thanks" Rusty happily agreed.

"So Rusty I never got to ask last time I saw you before you had to 'leave', what are your parents like?" My Mother questioned.

"I Ummm I don't have parents..." Rusty nervously spoke scratching the back of his head.

"Oh... I'm sorry... well you're apart of our family now as is Alex" My Mother sympathized.

"It's fine... I never knew them" Rusty lied.

After a slightly awkward silents, my Mother looked over to a pot above a slow fire.

"Oh Pink I think you're favorite is ready!" My Mom squealed in excitement.

She grabbed my hand dragging me. Rusty followed out of curiosity and so did my Aunt. My Mom led me to a fire with a fairly large pot dangling above the flames.

"It's-" I was cut off by Rusty.

"Tomato soup!" Rusty drawled.

"You're a lover of tomato soup then Rusty?!" My Mom once again squealed.

"Love is no word when it comes to tomato soup!" Rusty stated dramatically.

"Ah Pink, Why is this boy so perfect!" My Mom said heart warmed by Rusty's statement.

My Mom then poured me and Rusty a bowl each of her famous tomato soup we imminently drunk to soup from the bowl. Fireworks blew off in our taste buds at the deliciousness of the soup. I turned to see Rusty's face and he just looked away from reality.

"What do you two think?" My Mom questioned already knowing the answer of course.

"I'm in love..." Rusty whispered still loud enough for me and my mother to hear.

"Look what you've done Mom now I've been replaced by your wonderful tomato soup!" I laughed a little jealous.

Rusty and my Mother both laughed. My Mom grabbed a big wooden spoon and tapped the pot containing the soup with force. Of course, everyone knew what that meant and bombarded my mother for her soup. Rusty and I narrowly escaped the crowd and decided to go over to my Dad who was with two of my uncle tending to the grill.

"Hey, Dad!" I waved.

"Pink!" My Dad paused "And Rusty!" My Father enthusiastically added.

"Hey Pink" My uncle Billy smiled, reaching in for a hug which I excepted.

"Rusty this is my uncle Billy and my other uncle John, My aunt Izzy's husband" I introduced "And this is my boyfriend Rusty" I added.

"Nice to meet you," Rusty said politely, holding out his hand for my uncles to shake which they did one by one.

"You two want some grilled lamb with a secret sauce?" My Dad asked us.

"your Dad has been practicing this sauce all night and he's nailed it." My Uncle John said.

"Sure" I happily agreed.

My Dad finished up the grilling and gave me and Rusty a lamb strip each and OMG it was fantastic!

"What sauce is this Dad Omg!" I mumbled with my mouth full.

"Ahahaha I'll teach you it someday" My Dad chuckled.

For the rest of the night, me and Rusty just talked with our family members who gladly saw Rusty as part of the family and played with the little kids who gave us flower crowns and danced with.

After the family event/ At the house:

Alex, Rusty, and I walked into our house exhausted from the dancing and bloated from all the food my family gave us. I took off my worn black flat shoes, chucking them under the stairs temporarily until the next morning.

"Well imma hit the hay guys" I yawned.

"Same" Alex tiredly spoke, stretching his limbs.

"Rusty, you coming?" I asked quietly.

"yeah," He replied.

As we all walked up the stairs separating ourselves to our rooms not before wishing each other goodnight we were just able to walk into our rooms and change our clothes.

As Rusty got changed before me he was already in bed to which I followed snuggling into his chest.

"Night Pink" He was just able to mutter out before dozing off.

"Night Rusty" I whispered.

"NIGHT GUYZ" Alex screamed waking us both up.

I sat up.

"Alex got to sleep!" I yelled through the thin walls.

"NIGHT BOTH!" Rusty yelled trying to sleep.