'Battle with a loss'- Chapter 22

Phil's POV:

I summoned my sword and without warning, I shot up into the human's roof leaving a few holes. I was now outside, I look bellow me to see Rusty looking up at my flying self waiting for his arrival. After a few seconds which I could only assume he was contemplating with himself he to flew up through the holes I made.

"May the best Void win" I declare.

Pink's Pov:

"Pink! Why did you drag us out the hous-" My Dad was interrupted by the sound of a lot of breaking noises. We all looked up to see a black figure flying in the sky. I looked at Alex who was just as concerned and worried as I was.

More breaking noises came from inside the house. I looked up to see... Rusty...

"What on earth! IS HE FLYING?!" My Dad pointed out, pointing to Rusty. "Pink explain yourself!" My Dad demanded. I opened my mouth to try to say something but in all honestly, I didn't know what to say.

"Well?" My Dad impatiently stood his ground with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face.

I still couldn't say anything. At that moment I heard metal clicking, I looked back up to see the two Voids battling it out... I panicked...

At that moment I turned back to quickly look at Alex grabbing his hand and I started to climb the oak tree we were hiding behind. I helped Alex up with each branch, getting closer and closer to the roof.

"PINK, ALEX GET DOWN!" My mother yelled.

We ignored her and continued to climb until I got to a branch that wired over to the roof. I slowly stood up on a branch and did a tight rope action watching my feet hoping not to fall. I hated heights. Then everything began to feel dizzy...

"PINK!" Alex cried. I panicked knowing I was going to fall if I didn't act quickly. I long jumped to the roof where I fell and grazed my knees. I stood up still a little shaken and beckoned Alex to come over in which he did.

Alex and I were finally on the roof. We crept over to where the two Void's fought.

Rusty's POV:

My sword clashed against Phil's sword, with every hit it could be my last.

"Come on Rusty... Join us... come back to us..." Phil held out one hand. My response was my sword clashing against his, failing to hit a mark on Phil.

"And why would I? You know what you all did!" I yell.

"We did what we had to!" Phil gritted his teeth.

"YOU AND-" I was cut off by someone yelling-

"Pink!"

I quickly glimpsed over to see Pink land on the roof. Pink what are you doing?! I thought. I had to turn around before Phil could attack me. I didn't want to make it obvious that Pink and Alex were coming closer... Or he'd kill them both for sure.

Pink's POV:

I saw Rusty becoming angrier and angrier and white glowing cracks began to form on his face. He looked as if he was going to burst out of his human skin. I grabbed Alex's head and shoved it down holding him close. I saw a white light through my eyelids... and it faded. I looked up to see what had happened to the two Voids. Rusty was in his original form.

"Last chance Phil! Leave or die!" Rusty yelled in rage. Suddenly Phil threw his weapon onto the roof.

"Rusty look" Phil paused slowly flying over to Rusty who lowered his weapon down a bit.

"Rusty what are you doing" Alex and I mumbled in unison.

"Rusty I-" Phil lifted up his hand slowly open... as if he was trying to show Rusty something.

"Oh I know this trick" I mumbled. Getting up.

"What?" Alex questioned in confusion.

"RUSTY LOOK OUT!" I screamed. Rusty looked at me, and Phil quickly scrunched his hand into a ball and punched rusty in the face sending him into the wheat field.

Phil turned to me with this smile... I'll never forget it. He started to fly closer and closer to me so I backed up until I was near the edge of the roof. I was out of my parents view now. Phile cam close to me and whispered to me.

"There you are...". With another laugh coming from him. He backed up a few inches. He held out to hands which he turned towards me I looked up at him with pleading eyes and... My heart stopped... Everything was like in a slow-motion film... He shoved me off the roof... I shut my eyes and braced the fall and muttering...

"I love you, Rusty.."

I felt two arms, One under my knees and the other halfway up my back. I opened my eyes to see a tall black figure with glowing white eyes and cracks all over him.

"I love you too" He uttered holding me close to him. I wrapped an arm around his kneck with few tears streaming down my eyes.

"R-Rusty" I stuttered pulling away from him, still shaken up.

"Yeah" Rusty softly answered.

"Can you put me down now please?" I ask softly.

"Oh right!" He quickly remembered my fear of heights and settled me down on the driveway.

Another laugh pierced our souls. Rusty held my waist with one hand holding me tight and the other he summoned back his sword which he grasped. We both look up at the other dark figure holding Alex up by his jacket over the edge of the roof.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Alex demanded. "DONT MAKE ME GET MY POTATOES ON YOU!"

"PUT. HIM.DOWN" I growled at Phil leaving Rusty's tight hold on me.

"Gladly" Phil replied. He opened his hand and left Alex go instantly.

"ALEX!"Rusty and I scream in unison.

Rusty flew to catch Alex but... It was too late. I ran over to Alex's lifeless body cupping his cheeks with tears streaming down my cheeks. Phil turned away. Rusty held me close as I cried. I heard a sniff and felt a drop of water on my head. I looked up to see Rusty straight-faced with tears streaming down from his white eyes. My parents and Kaylee ran towards the front of the house where they saw Alex... Lifeless and still.

"A-Alex" Kaylee stuttered tearing up.

"What are you!" My Dad screamed at Rusty. Rusty paid no mind to my Dad and ignored him still holding me in his arms with tears coming down his face. My Dad was about to come over to Rusty but my Mom stopped him.

"I-is this what sadness f-feels like...?" Rusty questioned in between stutters. I gave him a small nod still hugging him.

Kaylee hesitantly walked over to me and Rusty. She stopped about a few inches away from Rusty. She looked into his eyes with tears streaming down them. She without warning wrapped her arms around Rusty's kneck giving a tight hug. Rusty then placed Kaylee near me where we all shared a hug at a loss of one.

Rusty infuriated stood up giving Kylee to me to hold. He grabbed his sword a flew up to the roof.

Rusty's Pov:

I flew up to the roof with my sword at hand and looked for a faint white glow which I saw in the distant part of the wheat fields flying away. I supersonic flew to the glow pointing the sharpest point of my sword towards the light were it pierced through the Void who killed...

A brother...