'Strange feeling' - Chapter 63

Rusty's POV:

Before we knew it we were surrounded by wood. Branches hung over us like vines with only dimmed small fragments of light just about peeping through the leaves. Emerald was beside me on one side and the other was Alex. In the distance was a warm orange toned light coming from a square, like a window. A house? I thought pulling out my sword from my Void pockets and Alex copied this too. I glanced over at Emerald hoping for her to give more information like if this house in the distance was where we needed to go.

"Down there, in the distance" She pointed at the house. "That's where we need to go" She confirmed my question without even needing me to answer.

Alex and I gave a nod and walked closer a closer until we were around 100 feet from the house. Now the space was clear around what we can see a cottage-like cabin. No trees. Just grass with specs of wild Daisies and Buttercups here and there. I took the lead of creeping towards the house with Alex behind me and Emerald behind Alex. With my sword now in the hands as I prepared for an attack and crept up the porch steps leading to the glassless wooden door. I glimpsed at the window to only see a fragile light peer through the tinted windows, fading.

"On the count of three we go in, and brace yourselves" I whispered to the two behind me just getting up the porch.

"Okay" Alex responded with an identical whisper while all but Emerald said another just hand her staff out looking a little worried from what I could see from the corner of my eye.

I counted to three in a hush and broke down the door and almost broke it into splinters as I barged in with my eyes skimming the open floored room... No one but the candle I saw from outside just fading, the wax almost evaporated away into the air. I lower my sword hesitantly, the air was heavy and unnerving almost awkward in a sense. Somethings not right about this... I thought curiously with unsteadiness building.

I turned my head a little, still keeping an eye on my section of the room and peered a little at Emerald.

"Em... What's going on?"

Pink's POV:

I just arrived home from visiting Dante and the rest of my family to do a little check up on how Dante is settling with his new home although Penny and Edwin have almost got the adoption papers which is incredibly fast Edwin will always get things done quickly, he has his special ways that I die to know!

I exit my car and walk up from my porch and do my routine of unlocking the door and entering the house- but- This time it was a little different... Alex or Rusty wasn't in the living room like they usually are when waiting for me to come home or at least one of them would wait, mostly Rusty of course, but I gathered an odd feeling that I just couldn't shake off, small but it was there.

"Alex!" I yelled up and down the stairs and back yard.

No reply.

"Rusty!" I yelled once more repeating my search of up, downstairs and back yard.

No reply.

That feeling grew some more... What was wrong?