'His New Home'- Chapter 58

Penny's POV:

I opened my front door leading out to the porch, and I saw Pink and I saw a small hispanic boy around 7 to 8-year-old by hiding a little behind my little sister. I looked at her then at the boy. I slid my hand behind my back.

"Hey" I said sweetl. "You must be Dante"

He poked his head out and gave me a small simple nod.

"Dante head inside and watch some T.V while me and my sister Penny talk okay?" Pink reassured.

After we all headed inside me and Pink were in the kitchen while Dante was in the livin room watching a show with Edwin and seemed to be hitting it off well with him from what I could vagly see from the pilar in my way blocking my view but I could hear a few giggles hear and there from both the boy's which warmed my heart.

Pink, after explaining everything that had accoured yesterday seemed a little concerned.

"Goodness Pink... That's sad- and poor Dante how cruel could you be to leave such a sweet young boy hours away from his home."

"Yeah I know and I know I should call the police Penny but I don't want them to take him away with some family members that might be the same as his parents or worse case senario back to his parents him they would be found as not guilty..." Pink sighed.

"Fair point..." I agreed.

"Penny I hope you don't mind about all this, especially knowing what Mom and Dad are like with kids before marriage even with adoption-" I cut Pink off

"Pink of course it's okay luckily we got this new house- OH and!-" I cut myself off and held up my hand to show Pink something.

"Penny... IS THAT AN ENGAGMENT RING?!" Pink gasped.

I nodded perfusly and we gave eachother a huge hug.

"Aw congrats!" She spuealed.

"Thank you Pink" I gleed. "Edwin took me to the park where we had our first date and asked me under a tree, it was magical looking you should've seen what he had pulled together Pink" I squealed remembering the moment perfectly.

There was a quick
comfortable silence between me and my little sister before she spoke holding a glass of water in her hand that I gave her after she walked in.

"Penny not to change the subject but could Dante stay here until we hopfully get adoption papers and the cops and stuff-" Pink asked quietly.

"Pink" I cut her off placing my hand on hers to comfort "Of course it's okay but we do have to talk to the cops but for now let's ask him"

"Y-yeah sorry just worried for him" Pink mumbled looking down at the glass.

"Does Edwin know about all of this?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah I told him last night..." "Now lets go ask Dante" I said calmly with a smile.

Pink and I walked over to the couch and Sat down next to Dante and Edwin who were playing with some of Edwin's old toys as a kid that he bought over from his parents house when we first moved in to clear some space out for his parents. They were having so much fun.

"Dante, I was wondering if you would like to stay here with me and Edwin for a bit if you're okay with that" I asked.

He paused to take a little think. "Yeah but can I still see Pink?" He asked worryingly pointing at me.

"Yeah of course you can we only live a block away from here and you can call me using Penny or Edwin's phone" Pink explained.

"Okay..." Dante said timidly.

"Don't worry Dante you'll be okay here my dude" Edwin comforted

"Yeah my dude" Dante repeated giving Edwin a fist bump.

"Well I have to get going now thanks again Penny and Edwin" She smiles.
"I'll see you soon, okay Dante?"

Dante gave a determined nod and smiled.

"See you soon Pink" he smiled.

Pink gave her goodbyes to us all and left back to her own house.

Pinks POV:

I drove off back to my house with a relief knowing that Dante is alright at the moment.

I was about to pull into my driveway before I saw a truck in the drive through, confused, I parked my car on the pavement and got out to see what was going on.
I looked in the truck to see that my stuff was inside... I was staring inside.

"PINK!"