The Awakening

With in no time Dr. Rohit was called too along with a team of nurses and Dr. Srinivas. Shivangi's body showed movements and her vitals were good which looked like a good sign for her to wake up soon. They all were monitoring her closely and curiously, after about ten minutes her breathing became uneven and her body jerked, the doctors rushed to hold her but before they could do anything, Nikhil held her tightly making her stick to bed and just then her eyes opened.

It took her a few seconds to adjust to the brightness in the room and then she saw someone hovering over her, someone she always wanted to see in past four years.

"N..N..Nikhil" She called his name in a dry and hoarse voice. Her throat hurt and she couldn't say any other word.

"Yes I am here Shivi, don't worry you are fine. Pranav was here too, he will come soon to meet you but before that, we need to make sure you are alright. Just lie down and cooperate with us alright." Nikhil said giving her the assurance and she nodded her head in agreement.

Next one hour was very tiring for Shivi since she had to answer their questions about how she was feeling etc. When the doctors left, the door to her room flung open and rushed in a disheveled looking Pranav. Tears rolled down his cheeks as soon as his eyes landed on his sister who was now lying on the hospital bed with bandages around her head and other body parts and giving him a small smile.

"Bhai" She said in cracked voice and Pranav hugged her making sure not to hurt her.

"Where were you my angel? Do you have any idea how much I looked for you? Did I not matter to you when you decided to leave? You have no idea how hysteric Anji was when she found your note, she blamed herself for a long time for your departure." Pranav said looking at his sister who too had tears in her eyes now.

"Pranav, she just woke up and her throat is hurting, let her rest today and we will take her on remand tomorrow when she is in a better state." Nikhil said to Pranav with his hand on Pranav's shoulder while his sharp gaze was focused on the girl lying on the bed.

Shivangi felt his sharp gaze and lowered her head. She knew that tomorrow both men will grill her to no end to get all the answers and she wasn't sure if she should tell them everything or not.

"Ni.. Nikhil" She called him when he was about to leave the room with Pranav.

Both men turned towards her.

"Th.. the man?" She asked looking at him hopefully.

"He is fine, you don't have to worry about him. Take rest Shivi." Nikhil said and she nodded. Soon she drifted to slumber due to the effects of medication.

"Why did you lie Nikhil?" Pranav asked him once they were out of her room.

"She just had a brain surgery and it is not right to tell her about someone's death Pranav. She might not be able to take it if the man was close to her. We need to be very careful with what we talk in front of her since she is still recovering and we don't want to jeopardize her recovery." Nikhil said and Pranav nodded in understanding.

"Lets go home, I have appointed special nurse for her who will be with her at all times for the next twenty four hours. Anji might be suspicious if you stay away from home for long hours since you rarely go out without her these days. That is one hell of a con of working from home." Nikhil said and Pranav chuckled at his last sentence.

"Yeah and to top it all her pregnancy hormones and mood swings are making me crazy. You please keep updating me about her status, I will come in the evening again when Anji sleeps." Pranav said and both men left for their respective homes after bidding goodbye to each other.