I am Sorry

Just then Pranav and Anji came in with their little baby boy in Anji's hands while she was being pushed on the wheelchair by Pranav.

"Here is your superhero Aunty baby." Anji said fake glaring at Shivangi and Shivangi bit her tongue.

"You dare repeat this kind of stunt in the future Shivi and I promise I will forget that you are married and lock you up like a child. Do you understand?" Pranav said angrily and Shivi nodded quickly making him and Anji chuckle.

"Now meet your nephew and think of a good name for him. Since you are the only Aunt, we want you to name him. As soon as you are able to talk, we will do the naming ceremony." Anji said as she handed the baby to Shivangi. Shivangi kissed his forehead and hugged Anji Sideways.

After spending about an hour with Shivangi, Pranav took Anji and his son back to their room since his son needed to be fed.

Shivangi kept waiting for Nikhil but he didn't come, after a while she felt tired and sleepy due to the effect of the medicines given to her.

After two weeks of complete rest, Shivangi was now allowed to talk normally but she was advised to take it slow. She needed to make sure to not shout, cough, or talk for long hours which can cause pressure on her throat.

After finishing the discharge formalities, finally after two weeks of waiting, Shivangi saw Nikhil when he entered her room to pick her bag. They looked at each other, their eyes locked for a while but then Nikhil looked away. Nikhil took her hand in his and started leading her to the car waiting outside the hospital.

He helped her sit in the back seat while he drove the car. Shivangi sensed his anger and didn't try to say anything. They soon reached home where Mrs. Mehra welcomed them like they just came to home after getting married. She performed some rituals to keep the evil eye away. After the rituals were completed, they had dinner together as a family, talking, laughing and joking. Mrs. Mehra had silent tears in her eyes looking at her family safe and laughing again after so many days. Mr. Mehra and everyone hug her and she felt happy.

Soon after everyone moved to their rooms.

"Nik, carry your wife to your room buddy." Shourya said to Nikhil and Nikhil glared at him cursing under his breath making Shourya and Disha chuckle. He picked Shivangi without any argument, Shivangi looked at disha and Shourya who were winking at her making her smile.

Shivangi kept staring at Nikhil's face smiling while he kept his face stern as he carried her up the stairs to their room. As soon as they entered the room, he placed her carefully on her feet and locked the door without saying anything to her.

Shivangi hugs him from the back and his body relaxed at her touch but he was still angry so he tried to shake her hands away.

"I am Sorry Nik, I am so Sorry. I know I did wrong and you have all the right to be angry but I can't take your silence and ignorance anymore." Shivangi said in croaked voice.

"You disappointed me Shivi, you made me feel useless." Nikhil said sadness evident from his voice.

"I know and I am Sorry. He messaged me that if I want to save the people in the shelter home, I had to meet him alone. I wanted to tell you; I tried your cell phone but it was unreachable. I thought to tell Grandma but wasn't sure if she will agree to let me go to save those people. I knew what he was capable of Nik, and I didn't want anyone else to suffer anymore because of me. You have no idea how much it burdens me whenever I think of Ritu, Ramdeen and all the others who lost their lives because they helped me. I couldn't live with myself if someone else go hurt in the process." Shivangi said with tears in her eyes and Nikhil turned.

"I get it Shivi, you were burdened and frightened for their lives but the least you could do was wait for me to arrive. You know what sorts of thoughts I was having when I wasn't able to track you until you sent your location." Nikhil said cupping her face.

"I know and that's why I send you the location because I knew you would have been on roads to find me. I know it was a reckless move but not completely reckless. I researched about that app which can share my location even if my phone is turned off and I asked Bhanu Kaka to train me to fight with my hands because I knew I would need it." Shivangi said.

"Yeah and for that I give you some points. But man, you kicked some serious ass when you fought him. He was bleeding and hurting. You know in hospital he kept shouting curses with your name, you gave him what he deserved. I knew you can kick asses but wasn't sure that you can do some serious damage. Man, I have to make sure not to piss you, who knows you will damage my little friend too." Nikhil said making her giggle, he kissed her forehead and then kissed her lips passionately.

"Well yes, you should not make me angry at all and pamper me all your life." Shivangi said and Nikhil bowed his head.

"At your service always my queen." Nikhil said dramatically and Shivangi chuckled.

"with the mention of Queen, I wanted to ask you" she was cut in between with Nikhil kissing him.

"I know, I already talked to Grandma, she will handle everything and we would be required only for the legal procedures or signatures if needed any till Ayush is qualified enough and has someone with him to become his queen." Nikhil said

"So, does that mean we can go back to being doctors? Because I miss being a doctor like hell." Shivangi said and almost jumped in excitement when she saw Nikhil nodding his head but Nikhil held her steady refraining her from jumping. She still needed rest and take it slow.

"Enough excitement, now let's sleep Mrs. Nikhil Khanna." Nikhil said picking her up and placing her on the bed.

"Well the doctor told me to sleep close to someone I love, Mr. Khanna." Shivangi said and Nikhil jumped beside her on the bed making her giggle in excitement.

"Finally, we have each other to ourselves without being worried about some lunatic criminal coming for us." Shivangi said and Nikhil nodded in agreement.

"So, Mrs. Khanna, you should heal quickly since we have an amazing honeymoon waiting for us before we go back to being the doctors we are." Nikhil said and Shivangi shrieked in excitement.

"Dont get too excited sweetheart, you know you need to heal first. So sleep." Nikhil said kissing her nose and wrapping his arms around her waist.

She snuggled happily and they both slept peacefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                         The End

Thank you everyone for taking time to read this story. I appreciate your support. Please help me by leaving comments about your reading experience, it helps me become a better writer. :)