Surprise Proposal-1

Shivangi just changed her clothes to a pair of comfortable pajamas and tee shirt. She laid down on the bed when her phone buzzed. She looked at it, there was a message from Nikhil.

[ Come to the rooftop, right now.]

She frowned thinking why would he call her to the rooftop at this hour of the night. Nevertheless she did as she was asked to and went to the rooftop.

As she opened the door to the roof, she saw a beautiful setting in front of her.

The area was dimly lighted by fairy lights and candles. There was a table in the middle and two chairs around it. A red rose was placed on the table and Nikhil was nowhere in the vision. She went ahead and picked up the rose from the table.

"A rose for a rose." She heard the voice that she can recognize with her eyes closed even in her dreams.

She turned to find Nikhil standing there in the corner with a smile on his face, he was still wearing the clothes he wore to the party.

He looked as handsome as always.

"Since when did you become so cheesy?" Shivi asked smiling at him and he laughed hearing her comment.

"I admit, that was cheesy. No need to pull my leg for this in the future, alright?" Nikhil said fake threatening her and she nodded her head smiling at his cute antics.

"As you say Mister." She said and Nikhil came closer to her. He took her hands in his and looked at her in the eyes.

"Shivi, we have already lost four precious years playing hide and seek and not understanding our feelings for each other. Now that we both know how we feel about each other, I don't want to waste a single day without you in my life. I know how precious you are to me and with all that is happening in our lives, with that scoundrel Prithvi Singh on your back, I cant afford to let you deal with this alone. I am Sorry that I never said this four year ago, all this would not have happened and we would have been married by now." Nikhil said and took a pause to see if Shivangi was uncomfortable or want to say something. As he predicted, she did have something to say.

"Married? Are you crazy Nik? I am too young to be married to an oldie like you." She said smirking at him and he shook his head smiling. He was happy to see his old naughty and sarcastic Shivi back.

"Fine but at least we would have been together for all those years. Anyways my point is I don't want to spend any single day not knowing what our future be like. So Miss Shivangi please do me a favour and make me the luckiest man on earth by saying yes, because I Nikhil Khanna is proposing you to marry me." He said and Shivangi looked at him dumbfounded.

She was still trying to understand what just happened. She couldn't believe that in the matter of a single day everything happened so fast. He confessed his love for her and she reciprocated the feelings, she was kidnapped and saved by the man in front of her and now he was proposing marriage to her. Was it all a dream?

She blinked her eyes a few times and tried to say something but no words came out of her mouth making Nikhil worried.

"Shivi, listen, if you are confused, it's alright. Please just say yes and we will take it slow. We will get married whenever you want but just say yes please, so I can plan our future for us and take care of the scoundrel haunting your sleep for you." Nikhil said trying to convince her, desperation was evident in his words. Shivangi couldn't help but smirk at his condition.

"So you mean to say you won't take care of him or help me if I don't say yes? And by the way, I thought planning the future was what girls used to do? Did something happen when I wasn't around?" Sivangi asked playfully and Nikhil relaxed hearing her. He knew she was playing with him.

"Well, no I would still help you but if someone would ask me, what right do I have, I wont have any concrete answer. You see, a Fiance or Husband gets more value than a Friend. And yes, plannign the future is usually done by girls but what to do, the girl I love is so damn stupid that I have to do what she should be doing else we will be singles all our lives." Nikhil replied smirking at her making her gasp. She hit his chest lightly and he laughed.