The confession -1

Nikhil was looking at Janaki Devi and Shivangi who was standing behind Janaki Devi with tears in her eyes without a word for a while. It was difficult to gather from his blank expression what he was thinking.

"I don't want you to get into all this Nikhil, that's why I told you it was a bad idea for me to stay here. I will put all of you into danger just like I did with Ritu and Ramdeen Kaka. I am not that strong to see any of you hurt because of me. I have seen what they do and how brutal they are. Trust me Nikhil, just let me stay somewhere else and keep your family safe, please I beg you." Shivangi said crying her heart out.

"That is where you are wrong my dear." Nisha said smiling and Shivangi looked at her in confusion.

"Shivi, why didn't you tell me all of this earlier? You idiot, you could have been killed in the hospital due to lack of security. Did you think I wont be able to help or protect you?" Nikhil asked out of the blue and the three ladies looked at him.

"No, no. I was trying to protect you all from the mess I got myself into. They are inhumane and I can never forget what they did to Ritu. I couldn't eat or sleep for three days, everytime I tried to close my eyes, her wounded body would flash in my eyes and her screams would haunt my ears. It was only after the accident I could sleep due to sedatives." Shivangi said as more tears made their way out her eyes.

Nikhil got up and went towards her while Janaki Devi followed his every movement.

Nikhil wiped Shivangi's tears and hugged her. He held her and tried to calm her down, after few minutes she calmed down and stopped sobbing. It was then that they realized they were not alone in the room.

"Shivangi Beta, I want to help you avenge Ritu's death and settle an old score. Your culprit and I go long way back and I want to see him broken crying for mercy." Janaki Devi said with dark eyes which made Shivangi shiver.

"Don't worry Beta, mom will not do anything bad. Your culprits need to be dealt with power and money. No commoner can do any harm to them. Mom only want to help you. If you want to expose them and bring justice to Ritu, let Nikhil know and he will bring you to us." Nisha said looking at Nikhil and he nodded since he understood that his Grandma already have a plan in mind but she wanted to give Shivangi the power of making that decision for herself.

Nisha and Janaki devi left the room giving some privacy to Nikhil and Shivangi.

"Shivi, I am so sorry I wasn't there for you and you had to go through all of that alone." Nikhil said taking her hand in his hand.

"It wasn't your fault Nick, why are you saying sorry? I am the one who ran away being a coward and then got herself in this mess." Shivangi said.

"Shut up, don't you dare utter a word about my Shivi." Nikhil said and Shivi smiled at him.

"Nick please let me go, they are very powerful people and will go to any extent to get what they want. I can't put all of you at risk. That was the reason I didn't go to Pranav Bhaiya's home." Shivangi pleaded and Nikhil frowned.

"And here she goes again." Nikhil said a little irritated.

"Nick, please. Don't mock me. I am serious." Shivangi said annoyed at the way Nikhil mocked her.

"And I am serious too Shivi. You have no idea how these past four years were for me. There was never a single day when I didn't think of you. There was never a single night when I have slept peacefully. There was never any damn occasion when I didn't miss you. I tried to search you at all the possible places I could think of but you were nowhere to be found, it was like you vanished from the face of earth. You have no idea how badly I wanted to meet you and tell you that I love you, I loved you all those years and can't live without you and..." Nikhil couldn't finish his sentence when suddenly Shivangi hugged him.

She cried while hugging him and Nikhil had no idea what he should do, he didn't know the reason behind Shivangi's cries.

He held her tightly and let her cry. After few minutes when her cries died down he held her face in his hands, wiped her tears with his thumb and looked in her eyes.

"I meant every word I said Shivi. I love you, I didn't know back then but I did. I felt sad, unwanted and jealous when you told me about you and Rachit. I tried to accept that there can be other people important in your life apart from me but I couldn't, every time you used to talk to me about her, I wanted to smash his face into pieces. When I saw him talking to someone else on phone lovingly and I knew it wasn't you because you were right in-front of my eyes across the street, I told you but you but you didn't believe me and that's when in my rage I told you to go to him and never show your face to me. I am Sorry, I only realized my mistake and my love for you once you left. I am Sorry you had to go through so much alone because of me. I am Sorry that I hurt you so much." Nikhil said while Shivi just kept staring at him in disbelief.

"Nick.." Shivi was abaout to say something when Nikhil placed a finger on her lips shutting her up.

"No nonsense talk, I am not letting you go anywhere now, not in this life at least. I Don't want to hear anything, you will stay here with us. I know that if Grandma said she had a plan then trust me she is the only one who can bring us out of all this unscathed." Nikhil said.

"But Nick.." Shivangi tried to say something again but again was stopped by Nikhil.

"No but Shivi, Grandma will not let anything happen to us. You just don't worry and.."he was saying when suddenly he was interrupted by a slap on his face.

His hand was now covering his cheek when he looked at the girl standing in front of her, shock evident in his eyes while the girl was a looking at him angrily.