The Aftermath

After four hours of surgery Shivangi was out of the operation theatre and was still under sedation. Nikhil sat close to her bed looking at her with worry, love and anger at the same time.

It was 9:00 AM in the morning when Shivangi woke up. She opened her eyes and adjusted herself to the light. She looked around and found the whole family there except her brother Pranav, her sister in law Anji and Nikhil.

After the doctor checked her and told them that she can talk for few days as she needs the external tube for breathing and need time for her windpipe to heal.

Everyone just feels happy that she is fine and Prithvi Singh is finally caught. When Shivangi's eyes kept looking around the room for Nikhil, Pranav and Anji, Disha understood her.

"They are in the child Birth section, since it was too full of tension, Anji went into early labor on our way here. She is trying to bring your beautiful niece or nephew in the world as we speak and don't worry, she is not in surgery." Disha told her and she relaxed.

"Shivangi, you need rest beta. You don't worry about anything and sleep for a while. We are all here and will update you with the good news as soon as we hear it." Mrs. Mehra said and they all left the room to let her rest.

Shivangi was sleepy and tired but she wanted to see Nikhil but he wasn't there, she kept waiting for him and didn't know when she slipped into the dreamland.

Anji gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy and the first person she wanted her boy to hold after her and Pranav was Shivangi, so she prohibited everyone else from holding the baby till Shivangi holds him. 

It was 6:00 PM in the evening when Shivangi woke up. She looked around and found Disha sitting by her bedside with Janaki Devi talking about something.

"Oh, look who is awake." Janaki Devi said looking at Shivangi who was still looking for Nikhil but he was nowhere in the sight.

"Good that you are awake, Anji wants to meet you. Let me inform Pranav so he can bring her here." Disha said and went out to make the call.

Shivangi's eyes were looking for Nikhil desperately.

"Don't worry, everyone is fine. Nikhil is here outside. He was here with you when you were sleeping. He said he will come again later after finishing some stuff related to the arrest of Prithvi." Janaki Devi told her and she nodded her head lightly.

"Beta, what you did was ridiculously dangerous. Thank god that Nikhil, Shourya and Ayush reached there on time else who know what that demon would have done to you. You know how afraid we all were when we found out you were missing and not to mention, how worried and angry Nikhil was when he found out you went on your own will." Janaki Devi said holding Shivangi's hand and Shivangi looked down since she felt guilty for causing so much trouble for everyone.

"We are family, we should be able to trust each other and not try to fight our battles alone. I thought you and Nikhil were best friends before anything else. You hurt him the most beta. He felt so useless since he couldn't protect you." Janaki Devi said.

Shivangi had tears in the corner of her eyes. Janaki Devi wiped them before they reached her cheeks.

"Don't feel bad beta, I am not telling you this to make you feel guilty but I want you to understand that your action hurt him. He comes when you are not awake and goes when you are about to wake up because he can't see you like this and he is worried that he might unleash his anger on you which he doesn't want to do. You will face many troubles in life but as husband and wife you need to learn to trust each other to rely on each other, so you both can face those troubles together. You both need to grow together as husband and wife and you need to make sure to not give others a chance to take advantage of any misunderstanding between you two. Life will be very simple if you will share it with each other and by sharing, I mean everything, every secret, every sadness and every happiness." Janaki Devi said tapping her hand on Shivangi's hand.

"Now just relax, he won't be angry for long. You know a secret? Men can't be angry for long with the woman they love. They can act all rigid and hard for all they want but in reality, they are softer and flexible then the furry soft toys we give to kids. And when they melt you get back in the game and make them feel how wrong they were." Janaki Devi said and winked at Shivangi making her smile.