Threats and Anger

After freshening up in her room she was about to take rest when suddenly her phone rings, it was a message from an unknown number

[We know where you are and soon you will follow Ramdeen]

She read the message and fear crept up her spine, she was shivering like anything and just when she was about to pass out someone held her from her shoulders.

"Are you okay Shivi?" Nikhil asked helping her sit on the bed.

"um.. yeah yeah I am fine." She said trying to hide her fear from him.

"You were about to pass out Shivi. I called you a few times before I entered your room, you didn't reply and I found you shivering in fear about to pass out looking at your phone. What is it that you are dealing with Shivi? I have found you after so long and don't want to lose you again. Please tell me what the hell is happening?"

"I am Sorry, I cant tell you else they will kill you too." She said as tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"Shivi, that's enough" Nikhil almost yelled making her flinch. He pulls a chair from the corner of the room and sat in front of her holding her hand.

"I have heard enough of your nonsense about someone killing me or putting my family at risk. Just so you know I know someone is trying to kill you, why I don't know but I know for sure that I am capable enough to protect you and my family. Show me what you were looking at your phone when I came." Nikhil demanded and Shivi couldn't help but felt warm with his words. After a long time he was there to protect her and help her. She passed her phone to him after unlocking it.

Nikhil read the message and then forwarded the screenshot of the message to his own phone.

"Do you know who send this?"

"I am not sure but I have an idea."

"Who?"

"Someone from Ajmer's MP and former King Swaroop Shekhawat's family."

"What? Why would someone from his family want to kill you?"

"Umm.. That.." She was still hesitant in letting him know what she was dealing with.

Nikhil squeezed her hand in reassurance and she let out a sigh before telling him everything.

"Remember I told you all that I joined Shishu Hospital at Jaipur and then was transferred to the remote branch at Kishangarh near Ajmer?" She asked him and he nodded.

"So I was.." She was continuing when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Hey guys, dinner is ready and Shivi, Dhairya is back too. You can come down once you guys are done." Disha said peeking from the door and left without waiting for an answer.

"Let's go have dinner first, you need to take your medicines too. We can continue this later." Nikhil said and Shivangi nodded.

They came down in the dining hall and Shivi got busy playing with Dhairya. Soon they all were sitting at the dining table eating and talking heartily. Shivangi and Disha were laughing on something, Mr. Mehra was teasing Mrs. Mehra about something, Shourya was listening to Dhairya's rant about his school activities, Nikhil was watching his family intently.

"It looks like a complete and happy family" he thought and then he realized what he just thought. He shook his head and concentrated on eating.

After dinner everyone retired to their rooms after chatting for a while, Disha gave Shivangi her medicines and returned to her room after bidding her goodnight.

Nikhil was contemplating in her room if he should go to Shivangi's room to continue the discussion from before the dinner or not since it was late at night and if someone saw him they might think wrong.

After thinking for a while he left the idea of disturbing Shivangi at such a late hour and decided to ask her tomorrow.