Welcome Home

They got down the car and rang the bell. Mrs. Mehra opened the door and gave a bone crushing hug to Shivangi, she was taken by surprise and had no idea how to react so she just kept her hands on Mrs. Mehra's back hugging her back.

"Oh my, its been so long dear. Thank God you are alright. I missed you." Mrs. Mehra said as if she met with one of her long lost friends and that made Nikhil chuckle.

"Auntie you are just like Mom, always over dramatic." He said and Mrs. Mehra rolled her eyes before she pulled Shivangi inside the house.

"Welcome beta, I am sorry about your accident but I am so happy to know you are all fine. I am Sorry we could not visit you in the hospital because this doctor friend of yours prohibited us." Mrs. Mehra said to Shivangi and she looked at Nikhil in confusion hearing last sentence.

"It wasn't good for her recovery to have lot of visitors Auntie." Nikhil explained again and Mrs. Mehra didn't look convinced.

"Beta, how are you feeling? Do you need anything? What would you like to drink, tea, coffee or juice?" Mrs. Mehra fired her questions gun without giving Shivangi chance to dodge.

"I am fine Auntie, just get little headaches here and there nothing severe. And please don't be formal, I am not coming here for the first time. I don't want anything, if I do I will take myself, you don't have to bother." Shivangi replied politely feeling a little awkward since Mrs. Mehra was still treating her same as she did four years back. There were no accusations or questions in her eyes just motherly love like she has for her son Shourya, Daughter in law Disha and Nikhil. She has always been a loving and caring person and that is why everyone loved her.

"I hope you do as you just said beta, I don't want you to feel like a guest. You are part of our family and family needs no formalities. Just look at your friend, he mocks me all the time." Mrs. Mehra said and Nikhil rolled his eyes at her antics. Mrs. Mehra always reminded him of his foster mom Radha who was murdered by his so called biological father who died two years ago in jail. Since Nikhil never met his biological mom because she passed away after giving birth to him, he only considered Radha as her mom and after Radha, Mrs. Mehra took her place pretty well. She gave the love and care to both siblings Nikhil and Disha and helped them getting over the grief of losing their parents.

"Auntie is right Shivi, she is more then Mom to me and Di, you can too share anything with her except for your chocolates because she has recently turned into chocoholic and even steals Dhairya's chocolates." Nikhil said trying to make Shivi comfortable and it did the trick. Shivi giggled looking at Mrs. Mehra's scowling expression.

"Oh my my, finally we have the great Shivi back." Spoke disha entering the hall from her room and hugging Shivangi who hugged her back.

"God Di, please don't embarrass me, I am anything but great. I have been stupid, ignorant and selfish lately." Shivangi said and Disha frowned.

"Ofcourse not, you are the most sensible, smart, and loving girl I know. So what if you wanted some time for yourself, we all need it at some point. Trust me, even I want that whenever Shourya, Amaira and Nick get on my nerves, which is like every other day by the way." Disha said and winked at her as she finished the last part.

Shivangi giggled hearing her and Shourya who followed his wife in the hall, pinched her waist after hearing what she just said.

"Ouch" Disha jumped in her place and glared at Shourya while everyone else chuckled.

"Where is Amaira?" Shivangi asked.

"She went out with Dad to the park, they will be here in half an hour. Meanwhile you go to your room and freshen up." Shourya said and Shivangi nodded in agreement. Nikhil gestured her to follow him to her room and she obliged.