Family Time-2

Nikhil woke up after four hours of sleep and got ready to go to hospital to meet Shivangi even though he had a night shift today as well.

When he came down, he found Shourya's parents in the living room playing with Amaira.

"Mama" Amaira shouted as she saw Nikhil and ran to him. Nikhil quickly picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"How was school and your playdate champ?" Nikhil asked his six years old neice.

"School was good Mama. I scored 10 out of 10 in my English test today." Amaira said excitedly.

"Oh, good champ. This calls for a chocolate." Nikhil said and Amaira became excited at the mention of chocolate.

"Nikhil beta, you are not giving her any chocolates today. Disha will be very angry if she finds out." Shourya's mom said.

"Oh Auntie don't worry about Di. Champ scored full marks, he deserves a treat." Nikhil said trying to convince Mrs. Mehra.

"Fine, but then if she gets angry, you handle it. I will not say a word." Mrs. Mehra said warning him and Nikhil agreed.

"Oh come-on Dadi (Grandma), mumma will not know if we don't tell her. Please don't tell her no." Amaira pleaded giving her a cute smile.

"Amaira, no champ, we should not hide anything from mom. Its okay even if she doesn't like it, but she should know. She always wants the best for you." Nikhil said and Amaira nodded in understanding.

"Okay Mama I will not hide anything from Mumma. But I will get my chocolate for sure no?" Amaira asked and Nikhil nodded with smile.

"Auntie where is Di and Jiju?" Nikhil asked putting Amaira on her feet and taking a seat on sofa.

"They are at office for an emergency meeting and will be here in some time beta. But if you need something you can always go to office. It's your office too, since you are also their partner." Mrs. Mehra said.

"I know Auntie and as you know, I have no interest in Dad and Uncle's business. I am very happy with being a doctor. If Di and Jiju will let me, I will happily sign it off to them." Nikhil said and Mrs. Mehra frowned.

"Ofcourse we will not let you do that. It is your company too. Khanna Bhaisahab and Shourya's Dad decided that the business will go to the three of you and so it will stay that way. Yeah, if you have a family of your own tomorrow and want to give that share to your kids or wife then we have no problem." Mrs. Mehra teased him and he shook his head in amusement.

"Why does everything revolves around the subject of my marriage Auntie? You and Di are like always at my back." Nikhil asked playfully and Mr. Mehra signaled Mrs. Mehra to let him answer the question.

"That is, because my son, you are 25 now and we want to see our daughter in law and another grand child before we plan our world tour leaving you youngsters behind. But you are so selfish to not let this old couple give a chance to celebrate a second honeymoon." Mr. Mehra said winking at his wife who hit him playfully in his stomach with her elbow and Nikhil laughed at the couple.

"Oh come on Uncle, you don't have to wait for my wedding to go to your second honeymoon. I can get married once you are back." Nikhil said and winked. Mrs. Mehra felt embarrassed and blushed a little before slapping Nikhil's cheek playfully.

"Shut up Nik, you need to listen to me. I am like your mom. Rekha would want to see you settled down and now that you finally found Shivangi, you should not waste time and get married to her." Mrs. Mehra said and Nikhil looked at her with wide eyes as if she has grown horns on her head.

"What are you saying Auntie? Shivi and I are best friends and I just found her last night. Don't even know what she had been doing for the past four years. Please hold your horses and let me talk to Di because I know she is the one to put this thought in your head." Nikhil said a little annoyed because he never thought about his feelings for Shivangi. For him Shivi is one crazy chic, his childhood friend's sister and his best friend.

"Okay okay as you say, if not Shivangi, then I will find you another girl but you need to tell us first if you are ready to meet other girls." Mrs. Mehra pestered Nikhil further.

"Auntie please give me some more time, I know your wishes and I respect them but I need a little more time." Nikhil said and both Mr & Mrs. Mehra nodded in understanding.

"Okay Auntie I am leaving for hospital. I have to take a look at Shivi's reports and meet Pranav and Bhabhi." Nikhil said getting up from the sofa.

"Okay but first have lunch. We finished eating with Dhairya." Mrs. Mehra said.

"Sorry Auntie, I am not hungry right now, Di made me so yum Mushroom Parathas before I slept that I ate more than my capacity." Nikhil said rubbing his tummy making Mr.& Mrs. Mehra chuckle.

"Alright but I will keep food in refrigerator, you have to heat up and eat it once you are back and please try to come back soon, Shourya wanted to talk to you about something." Mrs. Mehra said and Nikhil agreed before leaving the house.