Sudden Decision

The next morning everyone was sitting in the dining hall waiting for Janaki Devi to reveal the reason for making them travel in such emergency.

Janaki Devi arrived and asked everyone to finish having breakfast before she explains everything to them and everyone followed with confused minds.

Soon after breakfast everyone gathered in the sitting room.

"I know you all are very confused and curious to know why I called you all in such hurry. It was necessary for all of us to stay under the same roof under the best security we can get. Prithvi is planning something big and only Royal security and royal status can help us fight against him. He thinks since there is no king in the palace of Jaipur, he can dominate us. Sure the people of our state are still little traditional and thinks that a man can run the state affairs better than a woman. Even though our CM is a woman there are still hundreds of families in the state where women are still expected to be just a good daughter, wife and mother and not given any importance when it is time for making decisions. Even though they raised the children but they are not allowed to make a decision for their lives. But they forgot that their King used to support women, he always supported me and that is why I could take those difficult decisions in all those years when he wasn't here.

So to fight this battle I have decided something. I need to pass on the title of the queen to someone who has the courage and show them who they are dealing with. I have decided to make Shivangi the Queen so they don't dare to think about touching her hair and at the same time giving her enough power to bring out the truth." Janaki Devi said with a powerful smile on her face.

"But Mom, how is that possible? The public will go berserk if we don't follow the royal protocol." Rishabh said.

"Grandma Thank you for your generosity but I can't do what you want me to. I am not that capable and besides I want a simple life." Shivangi said.

"But my dear, there is no way in life that is possible now." the queen said.

"What do mean Grandma?" Pranav asked.

"She will be considered a royal from now on because I am taking the title of the King. Grandma wanted me to take it till Ayush is grown enough to take it since I never wanted it but now I think I need it to protect Shivangi and all of us. And since we are already engaged, so we will get married in a week and then take the throne to win this battle." Nikhil said and everybody looked at him.

"And you decided that on your own?" Shivangi questioned and Nikhil looked at her with pleading but determined eyes.

Shivangi got up and left the sitting room after paying her regards to Janaki Devi and everyone else. She went straight up to her room.

After a minute or so there was a knock on the door to her room. She knew who it was so didn't bother to answer, but the person at the door was impatient so he popped his head inside the room first to check, and a pillow landed right in his face.

There was another pillow coming his way but he successfully dodged it and entered the room.

"Hey, what happened Shivi? I am Sorry Okay, I didn't know you don't want to marry." Nikhil said slowly coming towards her.

She threw another pillow at him with more force this time.

"Right, you are the God, you know everything if I want to marry or not." She said angrily and Nikhil chuckled.

"Well, I know our Indian culture says the husband is equal to God but please Shivi, I don't believe in all that crap." Nikhil said with a big grin on his face.

Another pillow hit his face.

"Get out of here you idiot or I will injure you seriously." Sivangi said trying to threaten him.

"Ummm... with pillows?" Nikhil asked with mischief in his eyes as he reached close to her.

"Shut up and get lost. I am very angry and I don't want to kill you right now." Shivangi said and turned away from her.

"But why are you so angry? You don't want to marry me? Please don't tell me you changed your mind." Nikhil asked.

"First of all, I didn't change my mind but I might. How dare you decide on your own when we will get married and where? Like seriously? My opinion doesn't count?" She asked and Nikhil understood her worries.

"I am sorry Shivi and I know I am wrong and you can give me whatever punishment you want but as of now this was the best solution I and Grandma could think of. To fight with Prithvi Singh we need more resources and power and that we won't get by staying just doctors. You know how Grandma was always at my back to take responsibility of a crown prince. But I didn't take it because I and Disha Di were never interested in this life despite being elder to Ayush. And since Rishabh Uncle has helped Grandma for so many years handling everything here, it is fair for Ayush to become the King when the time comes. But right now we need this, we need this to win over Prithvi Singh so I can send him out of our lives far away possible. Please help me, I am doing this for us. As soon as this will be over, we will go back to our normal life." Nikhil said holding her hand and her eyes softened.

"You promise? I know you won't go back on your words but power and money changes everything and their effect can be seen only when you have those. I have seen people going crazy over those things. I don't want you to be like that." Shivangi said with her voice laced with concern.

Nikhil smiled at her. He was happy because he knew better that she wasn't accusing him but feared for him.

"Don't worry, nothing of that sort will happen. Besides if you ever feel that I am becoming something like those people, you will be there to kick my ass." Nikhil said smiling at her and she chuckled.

"You bet I will." She said and Nikhil pulled her into a kiss.