Doubts and Fears

"Its good to see you two talking normally like old days." The voice stopped their bickering and they looked at the door to find Pranav standing there with Anji.

"Bhaiya, Bhabhi, how is my little niece doing there?" Shivangi asked her sister in law and she blushed a little before replying.

"She is good. Waiting for her Aunt to come home so she can hear her voice more often." Anji said and Shivangi's smile dropped a little.

"Ahem ahem.. actually umm.. Shivi cant go home with you guys." Nikhil said making Pranav and Anji both snap their heads in his direction.

"What why? I thought she was going to be discharged tomorrow. Is everything alright Nik?" Pranav asked panicking.

"Yes Pranav, all is fine but I think she should be under medical care for a while more. According to hospital policies she is fine to go home but as her doctor I know she needs regular assistance, so I was thinking maybe she can live at my place with my family. You are anyways busy with your work and taking care of Anji Bhabhi, considering she can go to labor anytime now, its best if Shivi is taken care of by medical professionals in a family environment and that way you wont be worried about her too." Nikhil said hoping Pranav agree to him while Shivangi looked at him wide eyed. She asked for his help to find a place for her but never in her dreams she though he would offer his place.

"Ummm if you think that is the best way. Its true I wont be worried about her If she will be with Disha Di and your family, I guess you people would be able to take better care of her then what I can do. Thanks a lot Nik for doing this." Pranav said and Nik punched him lightly on his shoulder.

"what are you thanking me for? Is she not my friend? I will kill you next time if you thank me, right now I am leaving you only for your baby and Anji Bhabhi." Nikhil said and Pranav smiled holding his ears gesturing sorry. Nikhil and Pranav took each other in a brotherly hug.

"Just so you know Shivi, you have to come home as soon as you feel better and this doctor of yours gives you a green signal." Pranav said to Shivangi to which she nodded nervously.

Nikhil sensed her nervousness but chose not to ask anything infront of Pranav and Anji, after a few minutes of bickering, he left the family alone to finish his rounds and prepare reports of his patients.

When Nikhil reached home that night he found Shourya and Disha waiting for him.

"Hey little brother, you are back. Come we will have dinner together." Disha said gesturing him to have a seat on the dining table as she went in the kitchen to heat the food for them.

Nikhil washed his hands and took his seat at the dining table after removing his jacket. SHourya sat opposite to him and soon Disha joined them sitting close to Shourya smiling happily.

Nikhil always felt happy seeing his sister and brother in law happy.

"Nik, how was your day? How is Shivi?" Disha asked before she put a morsel of food in her mouth.

"It was hectic Di as usual and Shivi is doing fine too. Actually I wanted to talk to you guys and Uncle-Auntie about something." Nikhil responded while eating his food.

"About Shivi staying here with us?" Shourya asked making Nikhil surprised.

"Umm.. yeah.. How, how do you know that Jiju?" Nikhil asked surprised.

"Well, I have my ways brother. Anyways, we want to let you know its your home and you did you did the right thing. But I want to talk to you about something related to Shivangi." Shourya said.

"What about her?" Nikhil asked raising his brows.

"Well, for starters she was fired from her last job on account of trying to steal medicines and giving wrong diagnosis to a couple of her patients." Shourya said making Nikhil frown.

"No way, she is a superb doctor and very compassionate. She would never do that." Nikhil said rejecting the accusations.

"I knew you would say that, so I dug in deeper and found that she was also working at a women and kids shelter home as a volunteer and had ran away from there almost a week or more back. Probably around the time she claimed she arrived in Delhi." Shourya said finishing his last bite of food on his plate.

"So? What does that prove?" Nikhil was annoyed because he didn't know what Sourya was trying to imply and Shivangi was not sharing the details of her time away.

"It proves that things are not that simple as they look. She is in some trouble and that is what got her into the accident." Shourya said and Nikhil looked at him shockingly.

"You.. You mean someone is trying to kill her?" Nikhil asked and Shourya sighed.

"I am afraid that might be the case." Shourya said sadly and Nikhil couldn't believe what he heard, someone wanted to kill his shivi. He would never let anyone touch her.

"Nik, I think we need to be careful because whoever is behind her, looks like a powerful person because the traces of the attempted murder were removed very carefully and even after digging so hard, we have no information on what really happened in her last jobs." Shourya said and Nik was lost in his thought.

He knew he needed to protect Shivangi but how will he do that without knowing about the issue and people he had to deal with.

"Nik, don't worry too much, we are all here to protect her. Mom Dad knows about this too and they said they would love to have her here. Anyways you know how they always shipped you with her." Disha winked at Nikhil as she finished her last sentenced to which Nikhil rolled his eyes and Shourya let out a chuckle.

"You know you and Auntie are crazy, I have no idea why I let you guys meet her in the first place." Nikhil said and Shourya let out another chuckle remembering the day when Nikhil brought Shivangi home for the first time as his best friend and how his wife and mother went all crazy asking Nikhil to marry her because they liked her.

"Well the damage is done brother, now only thing you can do is to do what we have been asking you from so long. Make her by sister in law and then we will be one big happy family." Disha said excitedly.

"Di, we are just best friends alright." Nikhil said irritated calming his heart which was beating fast at the mention of the marriage word.

"Okay as you say little brother." Disha said winking at him.

"I am twenty five for God's sake please stop calling me little brother Di." Nikhil whined making Disha giggle.

"Awww... see Shourya how cute my brother is." She said pulling his cheeks and he showed him his tongue while Shourya laughed shaking his head at the brother sister duo.

After bantering for few more minutes they decided to call it a night and went to their respective rooms.

Nikhil was lying in the bed and thinking about what Shourya told him at the dinner table. He decided he will protect Shivangi no matter who she was dealing with and he will never let anyone harm any of his family members just like his hero, his Jiju Shourya.