Fear or Reality

The next day was very busy at the hospital for Nikhil as he had three surgeries lined up and had to do another emergency surgery as well. When he finally finished it was already 6:00 PM. The staff called him to get the discharge papers for Shivangi signed by him since he was her assigned doctor.

He finished a few reports before signing the discharge papers and finally when it was time for his shift to be over he drove Shivangi to the Mehra house.

On their way to home, Nikhil was thinking about asking Shivangi about what his brother in law told him last night and Shivangi was busy looking here and there alertly and hiding her face. Nikhil found it weird and suspected something.

"What is the matter Shivi? Why are you looking so scared and nervous?" Nikhil asked.

"No.. nothing. Its just I am going to your place after so many years and I don't what Disha Di and Auntie must be thinking about me since I ran away." Shivangi said trying to change the topic.

"Don't be nervous, Auntie and Di are all good and excited to welcome you." Nikhil said with a smile and Shivangi felt guilty for lying to him and putting everyone's life in danger.

They were about to make a turn when a truck came from the other side of the road in high speed, looking like the brakes failed or something. It was about to his Nikhil's car but Nikhil was fast enough to judge the situation and escape the collision just in time.

Shivangi shivered in fear, tears welled up in her eyes when she saw the truck racing towards towards them.

Just when it was about to collide Nikhil accelerated and escaped narrowly but Shivangi wasn't looking at what Nick did as she shut her eyes tightly and shriked Nikhil's name as they turned and Nikhil accelerated.

The truck collided with a tree on the side of the road and the driver ran away immediately. Once they were stable in the car, Nikhil looked at Shivangi worriedly.

"Shivi, its alright, open your eyes. We are fine nothing happened." Nikhil said turning his car into the porch of Mehra house.

"Nick, I don't think this is a good idea. I am a bad omen, trust me." Shivi said with tears streaming down her cheeks and hands fidgeting with the hem of her top.

"What are you afraid of Shivi? What are you hiding? Let me help you." Nikhil said with concern and longing but his last sentence made Shivangi shiver in fear.

"No, you can't help me. Nobody can, whoever tries to help me gets killed. Do you think I don't know what happened with Ramdeen Kaka?" Shivangi said wiping her tears.

"Ramdeen Kaka?" Nikhil asked confused.

"The man who met with the accident with me. I know he is dead." Shivangi said wiping the last tear on her cheek.

"Shivi, I am Sorry I didn't tell you because of your state. But don't worry nothing will happen to me." Nikhil said holding her hand and she felt the warmth in her heart. The warmth that she lost four years back, the warmth which gave her strength to fight the world, the warmth that helped her deal with all the problems.

"Nick, I have to tell you something before I come in your house to live. I cant put your whole family at risk." Shivangi said and Nikhil cut her before she could say anything more.

"You are not putting anyone at risk, we are more capable then you can think of. We have seen a lot and know well to protect ourselves. Just so you know even Dhairya, Disha Di's son can also kick some asses." Nikhil said trying to reassure her and she relaxed at his statement.