The Threats

The next day Nikhil announced his engagement to Shivangi to his and Shivangi's family. Everyone was happy and congratulated the couple.

Just when the royal family was about to leave for Jaipur, Shivangi's phone ring.

It was a call from unknown number and Shivangi looked at the screen frightened, she knew it was from the people who want to harm her for the evidence.

Nikhil understood the situation and took the phone from her and put it on speaker after picking up the call. He gestured Shivangi to speak.

"Hello" Shivangi said only to hear silence for next thirty seconds.

"Hello" Shivangi repeated when nobody answered.

"You think you can hide from us if you know someone the Queen of Jaipur knows?" A voice from the other end of the line asked.

"If I was hiding you would not be able to kidnap me yesterday." Shivangi replied in anger and Nikhil looked at her adoring her.

"Wow still the same fierceness, it will be fun to see you begging for mercy." the other voice said and Nikhil's blood boiled listening to him. He was about to reply when Shivangi signalled him not to.

"We will see, for that to happen you have to get the evidence from me. The way you tortured Ritu and killed her and Ramdeen Kaka, I won't let that go to waste." Shivangi said after pressing the record button on the phone.

"You think you can keep the evidence from me. I will take it away from you and I promise you once I do that, I will make sure to torture the same way I tortured your friend. I still remember her shouts for help, well she was very beautiful I must say. But sad, what a waste." He said and laughed like a maniac.

Shivangi trembled in anger and fear, Nikhil cut the call and held Shivangi in his embrace.

"We need to find the evidence Nikhil. I can't let Ritu and Ramdeen Kaka's death go to waste since they did everything for me." Shivangi said with tears in her eyes as she felt sad remembering her friend being tortured and killed.

"Yes we will Shivi, don't worry. The bastards will be behind bars soon." Nikhil replied with affirmation and tried to calm her down.

The next few weeks went in a blur while Nikhil worked at hospital and Shivangi joined as the Gynac there. Pranav and Anji living in Mehra house and going to work with bodyguards provided by Shourya.

Thankfully Amaira's summer vacations started and they didn't have to worry about her safety at school. Shourya made sure to hire the best security teams to secure his house, office, Nikhil's hospital and Pranav's Office.

Shivangi kept getting threat calls, she kept blocking the numbers and every time she would get the call from a new number.

Twice in the past weeks Shivangi escaped serious accidents which could cost her, her life. Nikhil was now getting more worried and started planning with Janaki Devi to end this game soon as he wanted Shivangi to not live in the fear.

It was a Friday when Nikhil and Shivangi came back from hospital to find everyone waiting for them in the living room.

"Its good that you guys came, go and pack your bags, we have to go to Jaipur urgently." Mrs. Mehra said as soon as they entered the house.

"Why what happened Auntie?" Nikhil asked while Shivangi was already pulled halfway through the stairs towards her room by Disha.

"We will tell you everything once we reach there now lets leave fast. We don't want to reach too late, your Grandma will be tired waiting for us." Mr. Mehra said and Nikhil nodded in agreement before leaving for his room to pack.

Soon after they were on their way to Jaipur with two vans full of Bodyguards at the front and back. It looked like a high positioned politicians caravan when they were on the road in three different cars guarded by two vans full of bodyguards with guns.

It was about eleven at night when they reached the royal palace in Jaipur. They were welcomed by the Queen and the family. Nikhil wanted to ask the matter but Janaki Devi asked them to go to rest as they have something important to discuss the next morning.