The wedding

Next few days went in blur with all the preparations for the wedding, performing wedding rituals and preparing for coronation.

It was the wedding day and everyone was busy in the preparations for various rituals to be performed that day.

Shivangi was being dolled up like a queen in her room by several beauticians and makeup artists, while Nikhil was being teased by Shourya, Pranav and Ayush about the cons of married life and how he will lose all his freedom.

Soon they both were sitting in front of the holy fire with hundreds of guests witnessing their union and priest chanting mantras.

After few hours, seven circles around the fire, saying their vows to each other and him filling the partition on her head with vermilion they were finally declared husband and wife.

They took blessings from all the elders and then they were asked to perform some more rituals.

After tiring two hours of rituals Shivangi and Nikhil were asked to get ready for the reception as all the guests were waiting to see the face of the bride since as per Rajput culture her face was covered with veil throughout the ceremony and rituals.

When they both reached the stage looking as royal as they could, people started coming onto the stage one by one to congratulate the couple. After few minutes they saw someone approaching them with a wicked smile on his face.

"Congratulation to the beautiful couple. May you both stay happy and healthy and nothing can bring trouble in the paradise." The man said while he shook his hand with Nikhil who was throwing daggers at the man through his eyes. The man then turned his gaze towards Shivangi and looked at her from top to bottom with hate and lust in his eyes.

"I didn't know the bride looks so beautiful, I must say you must have been keeping men at your toes." He said and laughed on his own double meaning joke.

When he didn't get any response from the couple beside the stares from them, he turned towards the queen Janaki Devi and joined his hands in respect.

"Hello Auntie, how have you been? I am Sorry I couldn't come earlier to meet you. By the way congratulations for finding someone who can replace Uncle, unfortunately all his sons were useless. No offense Auntie but I feel pity for you that even at this age when you should retire and rest, you have to deal with other people's mess. You should really take care of your health Auntie, after all if anything happens to the queen what will happen?" the man said to Janaki Devi with a wicked smirk.

"Oh Don't worry Prithvi about my health, I have a house full of people who love me and take care of me. Swaroop BhaiSa on the other hand is the unlucky one to have nobody. He had only son and that too never bothered to care for him. As for the replacement of your Uncle, nobody can replace him but yes Jaipur needs a new King and Queen, so they will get them. After all royal blood cannot turn blind eye to their responsibilities." Janaki Devi said and saw Prithvi Singh's expressions changed from smirking to confusion.

"Royal Blood"? Prithvi asked expressing his confusion.

"Oh right I am Sorry I didn't announce that yet. Wait here for a minute and Thank you so much for reminding me, it was important to make that announcement before the coronation." Janaki Devi said and went to grab a mic.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you so much for being here today with us to celebrate the union of this beautiful couple. As some of you already know why the palace hosted the wedding, I want to formally introduce to you the new King and Queen of Jaipur." Janaki Devi said and gestured towards Nikhil and Shivangi to come closer to where she was standing. They both moved forward joining their hands together in Namastey towards the guests.

"King and Queen? We didn't understand RaniSa, we thought it was a charity that you hosted this wedding." A reporter asked curiously.

"Oh no no, not at all. This is a family wedding. Nikhil here is my long lost grandson, He is the younger son of my eldest son Vikram Singh's son. To keep him and his elder sister Disha safe from some enemies my eldest daughter in law had to hide them. We found them about ten years back but as you all know our family values run deep in blood and nobody in our family is thirsty for wealth and power, these two kids decided to stay away from the royal tag too to live their lives blissfully just like my send son Jai Singh and his family. In our family we have always taught our kids to not be greedy behind power rather always be ready to perform their duties. Now when we need him, here is my grandson ready to take up the throne to fulfill his duties towards his family, his people and most of all our former King, my husband and his late Grandpa.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a big hand to the soon to be King and Queen on Jaipur. The coronation will be in two days and I would love to see you all there giving your support and blessing to the new king and queen. Thank you and please enjoy yourselves." Janaki Devi said and left the stage smirking at Prithvi Singh who looked pale.

"So Prithvi, you were saying something about people in my family being useless or something?" Janaki Devi asked as she approached Prithvi Singh who was still trying to understand what just happened.

"Umm I.. I.. I think that was a great surprise Auntie, Anyways I need to get going now." Prithvi Singh stuttered at first but then managed to compose himself and left the venue soon after.