Surprise Proposal Part-2

"So madam, will you please say yes now?" Nikhil asked and her lips twitched.

"What if I don't?" She asked trying to act uninterested but Nikhil knew her better.

"Well, since I know you too well and I know that you want to say yes, but not doing so. I will help you out by forcefully put the ring I brought on your finger and announce to the world that we are engaged." Nikhil said smiling innocently as if he stated a very obvious thing.

Shivangi smiled inwardly hearing how well Nikhil knew her. She liked the sound of being engaged to him and she got excited at the mention of the ring.

"You got a ring too?" She asked him excitedly.

"Of course I did, Did you think I will propose without a ring?" he replied and she smiled sheepishly at him.

"Show me the ring, quickly." Shivangi said almost jumping in her place due to excitement.

"Only if you answer me first." Nikhil knew better how to get anything out of Shivangi.

"Oh God, Why are you so stubborn Nick? Fine, Yes, I will marry you, now show me the ring." She said irritated but still excited to see the ring.

Shivangi was not someone who loved jewelry but she was excited to know that Nikhil bought a ring for her. It was the fact that he chose it for her and proposed her that got her excited.

Nikhil pulled out a small velvet box from his pant pocket and opened it in front of Shivangi.

Inside the box laid a simple gold ring with a heart shaped diamond at the center of it. It was a simple yet beautiful ring. The fact that Nikhil chose it for her, made it more beautiful and precious for Shivangi.

She kept staring at the ring smiling for a few minutes, her trance was broken when Nikhil cleared his throat.

"Ahem Ahem, May I Shivi?" he asked taking the ring out of the box and Shivangi extended her hand with tears in her eyes.

Nikhil placed the ring on the ring finger of her left hand and wiped her tears.

"Its not the time to cry Shivi, its time for us to celebrate and others to cry. This is the beginning of our beautiful future together." He said and she pulled him into a kiss. The kiss was urgent, as if she was trying to make sure this wasn't a dream.

"Wow" Nikhil said as they parted to catch a breath making Shivangi blush and snuggle deep into his chest. He chuckled looking at this side of Shivangi, he never saw her blushing back in college.

They stood there for a few minutes enjoying the warmth of each other when suddenly they heard someone cough. They immediately pulled apart looking in the direction of the noise. There stood Smirking Shourya and giggling Disha.

"Aww... Look Shourya, I won the bet." Disha said and winked at Shourya, he chuckled at his wife's cuteness.

"Yes Dishu, you won. After all he is your brother, you know him better." Shourya said smirking at Nikhil.

"What's going on guys?" Nikhil asked annoyed at the disruption happened in his little romantic moment with his Shivi caused by this couple standing in front of him talking about some stupid bet.

"Nothing Nick, I bet with Shourya that you will propose to Shivi tonight and he said it's too early, you will take some time. And see I won." Disha explained raising an imaginary collar and showing her thumb to Shourya teasing him.

"Really guys? You guys were betting on me? I just would like to remind you two you are parents, so please grow up." Nikhil said irritated. Shivangi nudged him for being rude to his sister and brother in law.

"Awww... look at my little brother, all riled up because we disturbed his cozy moment. And see my soon to be sister in law, already correcting him for being rude to us. Aren't they so cute Shourya?" Disha cooed irritating Nikhil some more and making Shivangi blush.

"They sure do. So guys, when are you planning to announce." Shourya asked and Shivangi looked at Nikhil, they didn't discuss about this yet.

"Tomorrow before Grandma, Uncle and Aunty leave." Nikhil said looking at Shivani, assuring her there was no need to panic.

"Wow, I am so happy for you guys. Welcome to the family sister in law." Disha said and pulled Shivangi into a warm hug.

"Di please, You are elder to me, please call me Shivi like you do." Shivangi said feeling embarrassed.

"Of course I will but still you are my sister in law now and I have all the rights to tease you both." Disha said and Shivangi smiled while nodding her head.

"Oh my God, is that the ring?" Disha almost shouted as she looked at the ring in Shivangi's finger. She held Shivangi's hand to take a clear look.

"Oh my my, little brother I am impressed. Nice choice." Disha said winking at Nikhil and he smiled in satisfaction.

"Alright guys its already 3:00 AM, lets go get some rest before Disha decides to keep us all awake to share her excitement." Shourya said and Disha frowned making Nikhil and Shivangi chuckle.

Soon they all headed to their rooms.