Family Time

Nikhil reached his home in the evening after checking up on Shivangi including his other patients and rang the bell. He looked tired after finished a double shift of almost 20 hours. His sister Disha opened the door and smiled at him happily.

"Hey little brother, you are late." Disha said chirpily.

"Hey Di, yeah I know and I am sorry, I wont be able to join you guys this time." Nikhil said in a sad voice and Disha understood something was bothering her brother.

"What happened Nik? You don't sound right. Did something happen at the hospital?" Disha asked as she brought a glass of water for him from the kitchen.

"Umm Di where is Jiju?" Nikhil asked trying to change the topic.

"He is on his way, Mom and Dad went out to the meet at Senior Citizen Association, Amaira is at her friend's house on a play date. Now don't try to change the topic and tell me whats wrong?" Disha said and looked at Nikhil concerned.

"Di, we found Shivi." Nikhil said and Disha jumped in excitement.

"What, you finally found her. Wow that's great news then why are you sad? Oh wait, please don't tell me she has another boyfriend. Or worst a husband." Disha asked trying to calm her excitement and understand the reason behind her brother's sadness.

"I found her drenched in blood last night when an emergency accident case came in. She hit her head severely and there was a man travelling with her who died while reaching hospital. I performed the surgery on her last night. She woke up in the morning but can't talk much. I don't know what to talk to her but I cant leave her here in this state even though Pranav is there to take care of her." Nikhil said and told her everything about Shivi's current condition that's when Disha realized Nikhil was crying.

She wiped her brother's tears and hugged him.

"Don't worry Nik, she will be fine and we won't go this time. I will call Grandma and I am sure she will understand." Disha said and picked up her phone to call their Grandma, the queen of Jaipur.

"Hello Grandma, How are you?" Disha said on the phone.

"I am good beta, how are you and Nikhil? Tell that boy I am very angry, he rarely calls me." Queen said and Disha chuckled.

"Oh Grandma, you know him, he is not that vocal but he misses you too. He has been very busy at the hospital lately. Grandma, I called to tell you that we might not come to Jaipur to celebrate your 70th birthday after next week. Disha said and closed her eyes anticipating her grand mother's anger. Lately the old woman was getting angry on the smallest of things.

Nisha, Disha's aunt who was not too old than Disha to be called an aunt also told her that the queen wants to spend more time with her grandchildren Disha, Nikhil and her son but since Disha and Nikhil were in Delhi and her own son was studying in royal school in Jaisalmer, the queen vents out her frustration on the servants and Nisha's poor husband, the queen's son.

"Why? What happened beta? I was looking forward to see you, Nikhil, Vinay and Ayush. Ayush will also reach here three days before my birthday." The queen said almost whining like a child and Disha couldn't help but chuckle at her Grandma's antics.

"I am Sorry Grandma but I told you about Shivangi no, Nik's best friend from college who disappeared four years ago?" Disha said trying to remind her grandmother about Shivi.

"Yes, yes, yes I remember. Nikhil showed me the photograph of her once, she is such a cute child. Did he find her?" Grandma asked remembering about the conversation she had with Nikhil a few years back about Shivangi and she knew how much Shivi mattered to Nikhil.

"Yes Grandma, Shivi met with an accident and he performed a surgery on her last night. He wants to be there for her at hospital since she was hit on head and currently in recovery." Disha said and heard a prolonged 'hmmmm' from the other side.

"Okay beta, I understand Nikhil is needed there and I know he needs your support too. By the way how is the girl doing now?" Grandma asked.

"She is awake now but still need to stay under observation for 48 hours as Nik told me. Hopefully she will fine in no time." Disha said and looked at Nikhil who was now rubbing his temples. Disha signaled him to go and rest and he obliged.

"Oh that's great news. Okay dear, you don't worry then. How is Amaira, Shourya and your parents?" Grandma asked.

"They are all good Grandma. Amaira is getting more and more naughty each day and Shourya is turning into a possessive monster making my professional life difficult. Last week he cancelled a deal because the client was a little friendly and Shourya as you know didn't like it. Sometimes I just think why the hell do I love that man." Disha replied and her grandma laughed hearing her, they chatted for a couple of minutes and then hung up.

"Ahem ahem.. so I am turning into a possessive Monster, huh?" Shourya said entering the house and startling Disha.

"Oh my god, Shourya you scared me. And why were you eavesdropping on my conversation?" Disha asked raising her eyebrows.

"Haha nice try to change the topic. So I am a possessive monster now. Mrs. Disha Mehra, don't you think you are complaining too much about your husband these days?" Shaourya said walking towards her and pulling her to him by her waist.

"Well, maybe that's my way of telling my husband that he is not romantic these days as before." Disha said placing her hands on his chest with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Oh, is that so? Well, then sure I must make it up to my wife." Shourya said and tightened his grip on her waist pulling her more close and lowering his head to take her lips in for a kiss.

"Ahem Ahem.. beta we have a huge house and you have a huge bedroom." Shourya's Mom said with her eyes closed. Disha felt embarrassed and quickly jumped out of Shourya's arms and ran into kitchen. She heard Shourya and his mother laughing behind her and her cheeks showed a light shade of pink.