Reasons for her Runaway

Next five days Nikhil didn't talk to Shivangi but kept a close tab on her recovery. Pranav and Anji kept visiting her and reminiscing her old days with her brother and sister in law made her happy which eventually helped her in recovery.

Today when Shivangi woke up, the nurse told her that she will be discharged the next day which made Shivangi worried.

She was lost in her own thought for most part of the day which didn't go unnoticed by Nikhil since he kept visiting her being her doctor and a friend.

Pranav and Anji were happy to find out that Shivangi will be soon discharged and can go home with them. They missed her presence at home a lot.

It was the end of Nikhil's shift and he went to check on Shivangi one last time before leaving for home. He was checking her reports when he saw mixed expressions of confusion and worry on her face.

"Whats wrong?" Nikhil couldn't restrain himself from asking.

"Umm.. no nothing" Shivangi replied stuttering.

Nikhil let out a small sigh and sat in the chair close to her bed. He took her hand in his and looked at her in the eyes.

"You know I can catch your lies easily shivi. Tell me whats wrong?" Nikhil asked.

"Umm.. Nik can you help me find a place to stay?" She asked looking at her hands, Nikhil knew she was trying to hide something for him and he wanted to shout at her because he was losing his patience. He thought she will tell him everything but who was he kidding, he knew Shivangi better then anyone, if she has any problem she will never share it with anyone and always try to solve on her own. Nikhil knew he need to be more patient with her so she can open up to him again, after it was not just few days but four years they didn't talk to each other.

"Why? Did Pranav or Bahabhi said something?" Nikhil asked raising his eyebrows. He know Pranav and Anji were dying to take her home but he still asked trying to get something out of her mouth.

"No, no, Bhaiya didn't say anything, its just that Bhabhi is due next month and with the arrival of the baby, they will need more space and will be busy taking care of the baby. I don't want them to be always worried about me too when they would be having so much on their plate. Its not like I am not old enough to live alone, I have done that for four years." Shivangi said looking everywhere but him.

Nikhil looked at her for a few seconds, he knew she was nervous about something. He wanted to ask her but he knew better about her health. It wasn't healthy for her to take stress and he didn't want her to stress out with his questions because clearly she wasn't ready to tell him or anyone anything.

"Okay, I will arrange a place for you. Do you need something else?" Nik asked her and she looked at him shocked. She thought she will have to do a lot of convincing and hence was shocked to see him agree to her request so easily.

"No, I think that is all I need right now. Once I am in a better state I will look for job again." Shivangi said looking at him in the eyes conveying how grateful she was. There was something in her eyes that Nikhil couldn't read and she hid the emotion quickly too.

"Shivi, Can I ask you something?" Nikhil asked looking at her longingly.

"Since when do you need permission to ask me anything Nik? We were, are and always will be best friends." Shivangi said with a small smile on her face and glint of happiness in her eyes.

"Why did you really ran away?" Nikhil asked and his question froze her. She was contemplating in her mind if she should tell him or not the reason behind her runaway four years ago.

"I ran because I was hurt, embarrassed and guilty. You told me you don't want to see my face again when I didn't agree to your accusations of Rachit cheating on me. I never thought you would be so angry on me and when I left the campus, I went to meet Rachit at his home because I needed someone to talk to since you, my best friend told me he was disappointed with me and don't want me show my face in front of him. When I reached his place, I saw him outside his house kissing someone, it was a guy. God, I feel so stupid and hurt that I didn't realize you were just trying to protect me from that moron, who was acting to be in love with me when he was a gay. And there I was, thinking that he was being a gentleman and respecting my values that is why he never asked for any sort of physical intimacy. He was just using me as a cover up for his true identity because he was afraid of the reaction of society. I didn't know what to do, who to talk to, you were angry with me and Bhaiya Bhabhi were going through a rough patch in their marriage. So I couldn't think of anything else than leaving you all behind when my friend told me about the internship in Jaipur." Shivangi said looking at her hands feeling embarrassed at her stupidity.

"Wow, so just because I told you not to show your face to me, in the heat of the moment, you ran away from me and all of us without bliking an eyelash." Nikhil said anger laced in his voice.

"I am Sorry Nik, I was only 19, and stupid to even think that Rachit loved me when all he did was treated me like a little sister." Shivangi said a little embarrassed, she was fidgeting with her blanket when she heard someone bursting into laughter. She turned her head to see Nikhil laughing his ass off clutching his stomach.

"Wha.. What did you say? He treated you like a little sister? Hahaha oh my hahahah oh my god, I cant believe it." Nikhil couldn't stop laughing which irritated Shivangi a little bit, although she knew it was stupid and comic too. She tried to act angry and pouted but Nikhil paid no heed to her and kept laughing.

Shivangi looked at him and couldn't help but laugh herself at her stupidity from four years back. She too laughed along with Nikhil. After sometime they both calmed down.

"I am Sorry, I was stupid to run away like that and I am Sorry for not listening to you. If I had I wouldn't have made a fool of myself." Shivangi said looking at him sincerely.

"Hey, don't worry Shivi. Yes you were definitely stupid to think I was serious, I was just angry and jealous." Nikhil said with utmost seriousness.

"Jealous?" Shivangi asked confused.

"Ofcourse I was, my best friend started spending more time with that idiot then me who I caught red handed talking to someone lovingly over the phone when you were only at some distance laughing your ass off with our friends. On top of that you were so attracted to him that you ignored my warning and told me that I am being senseless." Nikhil confessed and Shivangi smiled.

"Aww... Sorry Nik. I didn't know you were jealous because your hot best friend ignored you." Shivangi said teasing him and he scoffed.

"Hot and you? In your dreams shivi. You were a tomboy alright. You never wore anything girly which can bring you even close to be called hot." Nikhil mocked her and she narrowed her brows at him.

"Get out." She said pouting her face and Nikhil chuckled at her childidhness. She was his Shivi, she was still the same and he loved her the way she was.