School run

"ELLIE..... OLIVER" Ianto shouted from the kitchen for the fifth time that morning "IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF BED THIS INSTANT YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL". He busied himself in the kitchen, making coffee for himself and jack; speaking of jack, where on Earth was he? Of course sometimes the question really was literally where on EARTH he was. As if on cue and with a squeal Ellie and Oliver rushed into the kitchen in a rush of red hair and flannel patterned pyjamas closely followed or rather chased by their dad who was surprisingly already dressed in his usual outfit. Ianto just smiled as they settled at the breakfast table, living with jack was chaotic and often noisy at times but at least he was never bored. "Toast or cereal for breakfast?" He asked In the general direction of the breakfast table. "Toast!" Oliver chirped drowning out Ellie's quieter but still just as enthusiastic "cereal please". He smiled to himself and fixed a bowl of cereal and popped some bread in the toaster. He placed ellies cereal in front of her and passed jacks somehow still hot coffee over to him. Ianto didn't often eat breakfast but he knew someone who did "your toast will be ready in a minute Ollie. Jack? What do you want to eat" he questioned before turning back to the kitchen side. "You" came jacks broad American accent, causing Ianto to roll his eyes "cereal then."

Later that morning Ianto found himself shouting for Ellie and Oliver yet again, however this time he was stood by the car. Jack had (unhelpfully) disappeared upstairs after breakfast claiming he needed to search for something in their room. However, knowing jack, Ianto had a suspicion it was just so jack could catch a few extra hours in bed before he had to leave for the Torchwood hub. Ianto smiled as he heard distant giggles making their way closer, Sure enough the flurry of red hair returned as the two children appears in thier uniforms with matching red satchels. "Did jack do your hair" Ianto asked Ellie, who had her hair in two very neat braids. "Yes." She nodded solemnly "dad said it's a very very important day because me and Oliver are starting year three so we must be very neat and tidy so our teacher likes us". Ianto smiled and agreed with her as he opened the car door, Ellie had always been well spoken and well presented. As for Oliver, well let's just say he had agreed hurriedly and Ianto knew that his socks and shirt would return home a lot less white than they had left home.

————————————————————————

Well I tried too keep them in character jack had been domesticated basically.